January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

16 minutes ago, burchy said:

Has Kamada signed for any club yet as I know his contract is up in June. Would like to see him slot in as the inside LM/CAM. 

Kamada would be an amazing signing. Don't care about his age or his WC performance for Japan. What a player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Only if the reserves are good enough to step in if we get a slew of injuries.

Case study: we nearly went down in 14/15 but crap players like Tom Cleverley on loan kept us up. We finished 17th, 3 points shy of the drop. He scored 3 goals late in the season without which we'd have gone down.

At a certain point you need bodies to field a squad capable of stringing passes together. The attitude of "we only spend to improve" is naïve IMO, especially with obvious gaps in the squad.

Also, and this is secondary and almost academic, but Danjuma is not crap. 10 goals and 3 assists in La Liga 21/22, very respectable return for a winger. But you already knew that of course.

Yeah Emery is the naive one. Read between the lines and I’m pretty sure it’s just lip service. They’ll spend the dough on the right players and back their man. He knows what he’s doing 

• Like 1

Alex Scott has developed more into a traditional central midfielder, sometimes even plays as a DM. So I doubt we would be interested as we have two midfielders the same age that have been performing to a similar level as him in the Championship, Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam probably been better.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Alex Scott has developed more into a traditional central midfielder, sometimes even plays as a DM. So I doubt we would be interested as we have two midfielders the same age that have been performing to a similar level as him in the Championship, Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam, Iroegbunam probably been better.

78b2t6.jpg

• Haha 2

I've looked at a load of articles, scout reports and YouTube videos. I guess you guys and girls have been doing the same.

So give me some feedback on my top choices for the way Emery wants to set us up. Matteo Guendouzi and Jonathan David (now that Ings has gone).

Can we afford them? Can we convince them to sign for us? Are they what we need?

I think the two of them would lift us up to regular top eight, maybe higher if injuries and luck favour us.

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've looked at a load of articles, scout reports and YouTube videos. I guess you guys and girls have been doing the same.

So give me some feedback on my top choices for the way Emery wants to set us up. Matteo Guendouzi and Jonathan David (now that Ings has gone).

Can we afford them? Can we convince them to sign for us? Are they what we need?

I think the two of them would lift us up to regular top eight, maybe higher if injuries and luck favour us.

I bet you’re drunk 

I rather fancy there's some truth to the rumored interest in Dumfries, he, Guendouzi, Kang-in, Sarr, and Thuram would be good. Have a feeling the striker we sign might end up being a surprise name, maybe one that hasn't been mentioned.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I rather fancy there's some truth to the rumored interest in Dumfries, he, Guendouzi, Kang-in, Sarr, and Thuram would be good. Have a feeling the striker we sign might end up being a surprise name, maybe one that hasn't been mentioned.

No chance Dumfries leaves Inter for a team not in the Champions League. He’s also not the sort of right back that Emery would want, he’s defensively frail. 

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Has Kamada signed for any club yet as I know his contract is up in June. Would like to see him slot in as the inside LM/CAM. 

has been linked to Barcelona for a few weeks but apparently Dortmund want him now 

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Anthony Gordon? No thanks. 

Average English players cost too much. Looks at Morgan Gibbs White(42.5 Million) and Keane Lewis-Potter(£19 Million)

Rather sign gems like Duran, Kang Lee and Alberto Moleiro and get the British players from our Academy.

This is my favourite post from you for yonks! 🤣

Can’t agree more!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, useless said:

Percy says Cash faces uncertain future, so new right-back must be something we're thinking about.

Not sure what’s going on with Cashy! Why would he not be picked ahead of Young? 

1 hour ago, useless said:

That would be well beyond just “good” 🤣