January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

7 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Seeing Deulofeu stats on FBref makes me really want us to sign him. Great at holding onto the ball, something we are in dire need of. 

I think it's more about the chances created - looks like he is around 0.6 goal contributions a game in seasons where he is starting regularly (slight dip in the season when Watford went down).  Him and Bailey should be giving us plenty of attacking threat.  The fact that he might also help get the ball to "stick" higher up the pitch is an added bonus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

According to WhoScored, Jhon Duran's "weakness" is his discipline.

We're then also linked to Guendouzi and Deulofeu.

Emery just giving himself some work to do, eh?! ;) 

And with Wesley gone, another role we need to fill! 😎

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I think it's more about the chances created - looks like he is around 0.6 goal contributions a game in seasons where he is starting regularly (slight dip in the season when Watford went down).  Him and Bailey should be giving us plenty of attacking threat.  The fact that he might also help get the ball to "stick" higher up the pitch is an added bonus.

I think the chances created is the bonus, and the retaining position higher in the pitch is the main positive 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To be fair we have a soft underbelly so a bit of nastiness is good as long as we don’t start getting red cards.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Deulofeu has only had 1 red card in his career (nearly 10 years ago) and gets a yellow card once every 10 matches (29 in 303 games) whilst Guendouzi has 1 red (6 years ago) and a yellow every 5 matches (33 in 162 matches) but only 8 in the last two seasons (55 matches).  I know discipline can be measured in many different ways but it strikes me that we are not really in danger of finishing many matches with 8 or 9 men.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I think the chances created is the bonus, and the retaining position higher in the pitch is the main positive 😁

OK - but he does both so that means that we can be equally happy! 😎

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and Ben Mee needs new victims…

But we are in luck, since the International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging in Cartagena takes place from 17-21 april. As we all know of our vast knowledge of Duran as an individual he is deeply involved in Colombian biomedical imaging. Thus he will not be back for the game vs Brentford on the 22nd of April. 😏

• Haha 1