January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’ve not been a McGinn hater like many on here, I think he’s been underwhelming like many under Gerrard.  Saying that, while I think he’s been a bit better under Emery and that pass for Luiz goal was great I don’t think he’s been excellent at all.  I think he’s been one of the weaker parts of the team but have appreciated his effort.

If it wasn’t for Ramsey’s injury he probably wouldn’t have featured. He was the best replacement available for Ramsey he’s strong and isn’t physically weak limited yes but when we were without Ramsey I think he added some balance to the midfield. Sanson was decent yesterday but a midfield of say Sanson , Luiz, Kamara  and Buendia is to like for like for my liking. Mckennie is a good ball carrier but he isn’t a significant upgrade on Mcginn.

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Its funny how Alex Moreno is a upgrade on Digne yet nobody has heard of him and everyone in the football world clued up has certainly heard of Digne.

Irrelevant. Everyone's heard of Digne because he played at a couple of big clubs. How many did he succeed at?

I'm more than happy to trust Emery's judgement on this one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@thunderball we cannot be getting excited about Sanson based off this, who in fairness played slightly better than the rest but because he scored a goal hes a superstar NONSENSE.. no he is NOT quote on quote a ‘BALLER’ we are forcing this by a long mile, I just as much as you want him to be that baller and was fully backing him to be that player but he just simply isn’t and thats the reason why none of the previous managers have been able to afford him more game time.

There’s clearly a reason he isn’t playing but I don’t know. My point was why are we not looking at what we’ve got when McGinn hasn’t been playing well (getting slightly better), Coutinho looking a shadow, Dendonker failing to make waves and Bailey flat out of any confidence or form.

I wouldn’t be so foolish to suggest he’s a super star but he looks neat, tidy, energetic and hungry. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Mckennie is a good ball carrier but he isn’t a significant upgrade on Mcginn.

I really don't see what McKennie would bring - he just seems bang average at most things but good at none......happy to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

There’s clearly a reason he isn’t playing but I don’t know. My point was why are we not looking at what we’ve got when McGinn hasn’t been playing well (getting slightly better), Coutinho looking a shadow, Dendonker failing to make waves and Bailey flat out of any confidence or form.

I wouldn’t be so foolish to suggest he’s a super star but he looks neat, tidy, energetic and hungry. 

This. I don't think anyone was suggesting he's nailed on a place, but he's never looked out of place when called on, and we've never even seen him used as a sub for tired legs. I appreciate there may be non-football reasons for this we are not aware of, but I've not seen any football related reasons yet.   

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@thunderball we cannot be getting excited about Sanson based off this, who in fairness played slightly better than the rest but because he scored a goal hes a superstar NONSENSE.. no he is NOT quote on quote a ‘BALLER’ we are forcing this by a long mile, I just as much as you want him to be that baller and was fully backing him to be that player but he just simply isn’t and thats the reason why none of the previous managers have been able to afford him more game time.

People aren't saying he deserves a chance because he scored, people actually looked at his overall performance? A performance in which he was comfortable in tight spaces, and looked to make things happen with calculated passes (one-twos with Ings in tight spaces for example), not just lumping a ball into the box or shooting from 25 yards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Squeeze them for at least £40m. 

If Carney, who'd played 14 times in the Prem for us is worth £18M, then a current international (😀) right back who has played 81 times for us in the PL must be worth at least....oooh....£60M, make it £80M. £100M with sh*thouse tax. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

People aren't saying he deserves a chance because he scored, people actually looked at his overall performance? A performance in which he was comfortable in tight spaces, and looked to make things happen with calculated passes (one-twos with Ings in tight spaces for example), not just lumping a ball into the box or shooting from 25 yards.

Yeah, I thought Sanson looked decent.  Seemed to be the only central player looking forward every single time he got the ball, and wanting to move it quickly too.  He got frustrated a couple of times with Cash not being further forward down the right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eholm said:

I really don't see what McKennie would bring - he just seems bang average at most things but good at none......happy to be proven wrong.

He’d soon be the scapegoat here imo

• Like 1

My 2023 wishlist 

• Pau Torres - (CB) Villareal *25*
  • Moussa Diaby - (LW) B Leverkusen 
  • Goncalo Ramos - (CF) Benfica *21*
  • Pedro Porro (RB) Sporting CP *23*
  • Carlos Soler (CM) PSG  *26* 
  • Nicolás Gonzalez (RW) Fiorentina 

42 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Irrelevant. Everyone's heard of Digne because he played at a couple of big clubs. How many did he succeed at?

I'm more than happy to trust Emery's judgement on this one.

Wait did i say moreno was less of a player i was just clearly stating how players unknown to many are seen as more efficient players and im certainly welcoming to the idea Hes coming to play and become a more consistent player than digne… don’t misunderstand what i said 

6 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Means absolutely nothing really 

Your right it doesn’t but its just funny, by no means am i saying moreno isn’t better .. let me just confirm that before we all get our knickers in a twist

29 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Someone quickly compile a YouTube video of Cash making him look at least half decent and Chelsea will pay upwards of £50mill cos they are idiots. 

Cash scored 4 PL goals last season to Cucurella’s 1, so should be significantly more expensive.