January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Yeh I guess also alot like living in a total fantasy world

Again we signed Kamara who was lauded in Europe and supposed to be going to a big team.  I’m not saying Kessie is coming, I’m just saying that big players can be convinced to come to Villa, just as some playing can’t.  We don’t know which bucket Kessie falls in and saying it’s total fantasy world seems an exaggeration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Emery will have just as much pull as Gerrard in his own way.  I can imagine a lot of players wanting to play for a winner like Emery and be impressed that we have secured Emery, and the PL is a draw for foreign based players and we (PL clubs) offer bigger wages in the PL generally so I can imagine players we think that are out of reach may not be.

Fully agree with you and I hope we pull off a massive transfer shock this Jan with a player coming in who other fans get right worked up over us signing 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

He'd be a good addition to the squad but not really in an area that we need upgraded.  A midfield of Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker and Kessie would be amazing with all four rotating, but not sure we have enough games for that as we aren't in Europe.  But we would need to shift Sanson and Nakamba on.

Wasn't we all screaming for a new CM in the summer?

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

Would you all be happy with Franck Kessie?

If we needed another 6 I would. We really don't need a 6 especially with Tim doing well at QPR too. Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker and Iroegbunam fit the bill for me next season. 

We've McGinn and Ramsey who can cover if absolutely needed centrally too.