January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That’s what I was getting at really pace and power forward/winger whatever you want to call it wether it’s Sarr, Chuckwueze , or Nicolas Jackson type. He had plenty of pace and power at Villarreal an injury to Leon Bailey  or Ollie and we lack real options on the counter.

In that case I agree 100%. 😎

21 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4 shots off target in 1-0 loss to Coventry. Davis has 4 goals in near half the minutes at Watford

6 goals and 3 assists in 15 appearances is a decent return from Sarr though.

On 01/11/2022 at 17:16, messi11 said:

I'd go all out to sign David Datro Fofana. Would be cheap aswell. Huge Potential.
19 years of age. Plays for Molde. 15 goals + 6 Assists in 27 games. 

Scored this goal just this weekend

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/11/08/liverpool-have-15-goal-striker-in-their-sights-as-they-look-to-bolster-front-line/

Damn we gonna miss out

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Carlos Gil, Carlos Cuellar, Antonio Luna, Borja Baston. 😁😂

But to be fair, apart from the last one, all were average but had their moments. Gil scored some nice goals, Luna’s goal at Emirates. Cuellar was good whenever he played.

Was looking as Emery's transfer record in previous clubs the other day to see if I could spot a pattern (and I couldn't,  not to say there isn't one). Cba to go back and look, but pretty sure I saw that Sevilla signed Luna under him, or maybe he was promoted from the B team

5 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Was looking as Emery's transfer record in previous clubs the other day to see if I could spot a pattern (and I couldn't,  not to say there isn't one). Cba to go back and look, but pretty sure I saw that Sevilla signed Luna under him, or maybe he was promoted from the B team

There is a pattern, he tends to sign players he’s signed before. I believe he’s signed Lo Celso twice - a player I would like us to be looking at. 

• Like 2

I think we need another pacy winger/forward ala Bailey and Watkins as if we lose one of them we lose a dimension up front. Sarr would be perfect, he's tall strong and fast, right footed and is versatile enough, can play as a wide forward or wide midfield / winger.

He's 6 goals and 3 assists from 15 games this season. 

I don't think we need any more signings as we really need to trim this squad down and we have a lot of depth in defence and midfield

• Like 1

5 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

He or the board sold Luna soon after he joined

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we need another pacy winger/forward ala Bailey and Watkins as if we lose one of them we lose a dimension up front. Sarr would be perfect, he's tall strong and fast, right footed and is versatile enough, can play as a wide forward or wide midfield / winger.

He's 6 goals and 3 assists from 15 games this season. 

I don't think we need any more signings as we really need to trim this squad down and we have a lot of depth in defence and midfield

I think we need a goalscorer, I think it would make such a difference to this team in those tighter games.  I think it’s a massive hole in our team.  We are scoring goals at the moment from other areas but we’ll have times of struggling to score, having a player to make a difference is key.  I don’t think that player is similar to Bailey or Sarr, I’d be delighted with another of those but that central player is key to me. Even sacrificing another winger to play Bailey and Watkins either side of that central player.

• Like 1

Apparently interested in Marcus Thuram!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-arsenal-emery-25469597

Aston Villa are reportedly one of several Premier League sides interested in Borussia Mönchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram.

The 25-year-old son of legendary former France international Lilian has enjoyed a solid start to the 2022/23 season in Germany, scoring a dozen goals and assisting a further four across the opening 16 matches of the season. Thuram has been indispensable to Gladbach, playing every possible minute in the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal. Still, Daniel Farke's side faces the genuine prospect of losing the player over the next two transfer windows.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think we need a goalscorer, I think it would make such a difference to this team in those tighter games.  I think it’s a massive hole in our team.  We are scoring goals at the moment from other areas but we’ll have times of struggling to score, having a player to make a difference is key.  I don’t think that player is similar to Bailey or Sarr, I’d be delighted with another of those but that central player is key to me. Even sacrificing another winger to play Bailey and Watkins either side of that central player.

Name the goal scorers in the Premier League.

Haaland, Salah, Kane are the only three I can think of. Teams share goal scoring burden these days. Some players have purple patch of scoring like Antonio or Wilson or Watkins