Weekends Football 2/4 September

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

United have definitely improved since ten Hag came in.

It’s amazing what a manager with a clear philosophy and style of play can do.

Initially when he re-named Maguire as captain and was starting Fred, Mctominay and Ronaldo in the same side it looked terrible.

Fair play he accepted that was wrong and made big changes.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Rashford looking good again now he's focusing on his football. Was nothing to do with his out of work activities though.

It’s not in the slightest. He’s having one particularly good game combined with a good coaching getting it out of him.

What made you decide he’s just suddenly started to ‘focus on his football’?

Edited by a m ole

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

United have definitely improved since ten Hag came in.

It’s amazing what a manager with a clear philosophy and style of play can do.

Our manager has a clear philosophy and style of play, it’s just completely ineffective. Let’s hope he’s seen the light.

Just now, a m ole said:

It’s not in the slightest. He’s having one particularly good game combined with a good coaching getting it out of him.

Rashford has strung several excellent performances together recently.

God only knows why he was so poor for the last year or so but the hunger looks to be back (food pun).

Just now, jones1328 said:

Not a nerve. I just feel a little sorry for you to be honest. 

No need I'm cool, its a forum not life. You need to realise, other people have opinions, if you don't agree fine but no need to get all twitter brigade on me.

My opinion is Rashfords looking better, he's had a rest  focused more on his football, fair play to him, nothing moody about that.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He won't be aloud to do as much as he did under Ten Haag, I'm sure of it. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting the charity work he did, but it wasn't just that.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No need I'm cool, its a forum not life. You need to realise, other people have opinions, if you don't agree fine but no need to get all twitter brigade on me.

My opinion is Rashfords looking better, he's had a rest  focused more on his football, fair play to him, nothing moody about that.

I respect other peoples opinions. I just take exception to this flawed Daily Mail type argument that because he decided to spend his spare time (emphsis on spare time) focusing on charity work that it somehow had some detrimental effect on his football. Maybe he just had a dip in form that was completely unrelated to what did outside of football?! My argument doesn't come from being "all Twitter bridage" against you. Sounds like you're being quite woke by labelling people to me. 

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He won't be aloud to do as much as he did under Ten Haag, I'm sure of it. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting the charity work he did, but it wasn't just that.

Ten Haag will have absolutely no input into what he does outside of the club

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not saying that. 

All I'm saying is Ten Haag would have got him a bit more focused.

To be blunt I think blaming his off the field activities for his drop in form is rooted in people not liking young successful black men being so politicly vocal 

His drop in form came from not being fit but putting off summer operations because he was with england, man utd flogging him half to death with 50 game seasons for years on end and him being a bit overrated in the first place

• Like 2

Â