Pre match thread

M_Afro

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Konsa/Chambers is another one. Chambers was fine against West Ham and has been much better than Konsa this year but who gets dropped to make way for Mings? Of course it's Chambers.

What a prick.

We cover less distance than anyone we look less hungry less fit less motivated less competitive than any team and it's little wonder.

No matter how well people do or how hard they try they just aren't going to feature.

Isn't the basics of management just fostering a desire to work hard and improve. He's failed at that basic aspect.

Players who are shit will play so don't bother trying.

If you come in and do well you won't play the next game so don't bother trying

Honest to **** he's the shittest excuse for a manager (not football manager, any manager) I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I suppose you have to admire his commitment to what he thinks will work.

I mean, it doesn't work, but you can't fault him for commitment to it.

Twisted but yes. A certain admiration for going down with the ship.

Granted, the ship is on fire and pointed the wrong direction, but you can't say he won't go down without it.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Looks like an attempt at a counter attacking team hence Ramsey.

That's a fair observation..and McGinn is better when we're playing to counter-attack, too. Still, the combination has never worked. We'll be entirely dependent on hoofing balls all night because neither of the 8s can pass.

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

I’m Gerrard Out but I I do feel fans will moan about the team whoever he puts out to suit their agenda

Bollocks. Konsa over Chambers? McGinn over Luiz? Ramsey again? It’s pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Looks like an attempt at a counter attacking team hence Ramsey.

I can't see it as that - we're playing with five attacking players and two full backs who he wants to play as wingers. 

It's hard to counter when seven of your players are already in forward positions.

We're playing a team designed to dominate the ball, territory and the game.. 

Which seems an unlikely outcome

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yay ramsey and mcginn again!!!

Woohoo!!

Its been such a epic successful cimbo so far

It is literally unbelievable!!! How the hell does he think that this midfield will EVER work…..is he bloody blind!!! To drop Luiz who gave us some much needed control in midfield vs WHam is a total farce. 
He is clueless and HAS to be sacked. Bangs on about constantly learning….Steven, what the **** have you learned in the last 10 months if you still think JJ and JM are our best combination of 8s?? Absolute joke. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see it as that - we're playing with five attacking players and two full backs who he wants to play as wingers. 

It's hard to counter when seven of your players are already in forward positions.

I'm not worried about that...we will see so little possession that Cash and Digne won't have much of a chance to get forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

@andym thank you - fixed.

And this is only offensively. 

Now let's do defensively: 

--------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Cash-------------Konsa---------Mings--------Digne

-McGinn----------------Kamara--------------Ramsey

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
---------Bailey------Watkins------Buendia----------

Don't see what could go wrong tbh. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why are some acting likes he's changed formation or trying something new?

This is the exact same team as we played against Palace and same formation against bournmouth 

He seems to have a home formation with Watkins and ings and 1 behind and an away formation.

Shame neither work and we get no consistency.

Different drinks for different needs.

He thinks he's a tactical genius because he chucks an extra striker on at home like it is 2004 again 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

I'm more worried about Odegaard and Martinelli. Martinelli is about to have a pen today 👀

Odegaard will be streaming a series with all the time he's going to have in this midfield

• Haha 1