Pre-match thread

Wainy316

If he starts the team we all want to see, i.e

Martinez

Cash  chambers   mings   digne

Kamara   luiz

Buendia      coutinho        bailey

Watkins

Or something remarkably similar, it takes a bit of pressure off of gerrard and heaps more onto the players.

He wont though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Complete rubbish.

We'll see how he decides to set up against them.

If he do like Eddie Howe did against Man City and actually going for the win, being brave.

But my gut feeling tells me he will put every man behind the ball and settle for damage limitation tactics and a narrow defeat.

Edited by Pinebro

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If he starts the team we all want to see, i.e

Martinez

Cash  chambers   mings   digne

Kamara   luiz

Buendia      coutinho        bailey

Watkins

Or something remarkably similar, it takes a bit of pressure off of gerrard and heaps more onto the players.

He wont though.

That lineup.....

giphy.gif

at 13:00 when the lineup is announced....

giphy.gif

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3

I think today is huge not just in terms of defining our season but potentially in terms of Gerrard's managerial career. Lose today then with what we have to come over the next week then this time next week we'll likely be bottom on a run of dire form and performances stretching back over the whole of 2022. I think Purslow is inclined to give Gerrard way too much slack but the supporters won't and I'd imagine once the atmosphere turns toxic, and there will be a whiff of it today if we don't turn up, then Gerrard will be gone.

• Like 3

It's going to be a Villa win according to the vast number of West Ham supporters I know, which is more than 0, but less than 2.

Regardless of the result, I dread to think what the post match thread will look like

Why does anyone bother posting a lineup without McGinn? Regardless of how we feel, he is always going to play. He’s the bloody captain now! More nailed on than ever. Needs to produce a captain’s performance today…

Like I said, the manager and captain have to show up today…

If Buendia actually starts, that will give me encouragement. He’s our most important and most effective player, we need to build the side around him. Wonderful creativity, weight and accuracy of pass. He’s a genuine star and can help lift us…

his teammates need to get on his wavelength… he will create for fun…

• Like 1

Hope we have spent some time on defending set pieces, it's been totally unacceptable in the games I have watched this season. If Gerrard hasn't noticed this and try to improve it, change something , then its going to be very difficult for us to improve as a team. Every corner the opposition have seems to send us into a blind panic. 

Hopefully we can get a result today, even a draw would be something to build on. We need to start improving our game management, killing games when we are ahead. Fingers crossed we start to show what Gerrard's plan is for us. 

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why does anyone bother posting a lineup without McGinn? Regardless of how we feel, he is always going to play. He’s the bloody captain now! More nailed on than ever. Needs to produce a captain’s performance today…

Like I said, the manager and captain have to show up today…

If Buendia actually starts, that will give me encouragement. He’s our most important and most effective player, we need to build the side around him. Wonderful creativity, weight and accuracy of pass. He’s a genuine star and can help lift us…

his teammates need to get on his wavelength… he will create for fun…

McGinn will 100% start, agreed but he shouldnt on current form, captain or not.

With mcginn, i'd actually like to see:

Emi + back 4

Kamara   luiz

Bailey    buendia    mcginn

Watkins

Mcginn is less likely to give the ball away in key areas and we can utilise his temacious dribbling, harrying and crossing from the left

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

McGinn will 100% start, agreed but he shouldnt on current form, captain or not.

With mcginn, i'd actually like to see:

Emi + back 4

Kamara   luiz

Bailey    buendia    mcginn

Watkins

Mcginn is less likely to give the ball away in key areas and we can utilise his temacious dribbling, harrying and crossing from the left

The only position for him is the most advanced of the midfielders, with two defensively sound players behind him.

He’s not good enough nor technically proficient enough to play as a 10 or in the forward positions. We have much better players for that. He’s a very clumsy player.

I agree, he shouldn’t even be in the team on form but his place is ensured with that armband and the manager’s love and admiration of him.

Don't think us winning today would mean us turning a corner, but it would give some respite. I just don't see this working out in the short or long term with Gerrard. For me there are no signs we are on to something.

A loss today would likely be the straw that broke the camel's back. No way back from that probably. But I still don't think he'll get the sack.

No doubt it will be a draw and we'll be stuck in limbo.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Fixed for you! 

That’s the biggest issue right now. We have no control and nowhere near enough composure and presence in midfield… Luiz must play, at least until we bring in a new guy…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Needs a reality check I think 🤣

All for a 4-0 victory if we can make it happen though! 🤣

Wow! He must have smoked some serious stuff! 🤣 

Maybe he needs to share it with the rest of us!

As a fan I don’t really expect a lot, all I really ask is you show me some passion and endeavour. I’m mean it should be the bare minimum you expect really but far too often I see neither!