Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think they sell unless we make Europe in the next couple of seasons. The end paragraph of a recent Tom Collomosse article about the Emery appointment hinted that the owners patience was wearing thin. 

I’m glad you are saying that you think not that you know , none of us know what these billionaires will do 

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

You might interpret it differently to me but given the context of the article being about European ambition the last paragraph sounded a bit ominous.

I don’t think they would give up and sell just yet. They are building a new inner city academy , a new North stand , looking to start up Las Vegas Villains. Plenty of that points to them being in it for the long haul.

They are successful and seasoned business men and I am sure they have had difficulty in those ventures, the reason they are successful is because they don’t give up easily. I don’t believe they are like Randy Lerner.

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They did nothing for 70 minutes. Typical Moyes away game v top 6 team.

They're two points ahead of us so we can finish above them if we get our act together.

You are gonna love Emery ball

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Crazy that we have been so bad for 1/3 of a season and are still only 4 points off 9th place. 

It’s definitely catchable during Jan-May.

Yes, the league is so tight that putting together or win or two massively shifts the table.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Crazy that we have been so bad for 1/3 of a season and are still only 4 points off 9th place. 

It’s definitely catchable during Jan-May.

We can beat Man United and Brighton! 

18 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Did you think Bailey and Ings were crap last week against Brentford? 

I judge not being crap on more than one game so yeah for us they have mostly been crap.

A few moments here and there but I really don't think Bailey has shown enough by any means to make it as a prem player to push us into a Euro spot and Ings is looking past his peak, I think with him he's ok (in the right system) but if we were going to recoup anything and go with a more planning for the future approach now is time to get rid.  

Edited by Villarcana
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Villarcana said:

I judge not being crap on more than one game so yeah for us they have mostly been crap.

A few moments here and there but I really don't think Bailey has shown enough by any means to make it as a prem player to push us into a Euro spot and Ings is looking past his peak, I think with him he's ok (in the right system) but if we were going to recoup anything and go with a more planning for the future approach now is time to get rid.  

Ings is our only striker (that plays) who can actually put the ball in the net though. If only our other attackers were better we would be scoring a few more by getting the ball into the correct positions. I reckon we should keep him.