Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

DPP i think by now that is clear ....

this if true will be their 5th offer that is enough and roll on the 31st and look forward to seeing Barry on the bench as Alonso and Gerard will start !!

Completely agree. We have made our point now and I think we will in reality have got exactly what we want.

I do think Barry will be ahead of Alonso though, why else would Benitez be trying to off load Alonso and replace him with Barry?!

A deal of 17 mill including Finnan and I'd say yes.

However, it's not neccesarily that straightforward.

MON sent a letter to the Redscouse outlining what was required to make the deal happen.

They haven't responded.

Do we get back to them and say we'll accept any value they have put on the player instead? Thats a strange way for a business to operate.

I also have a feeling that Rafa may have got cold feet, and has decided that if it's GB or Keane, then his forward line is the more pressing concern.

If thats the case then GB has backed himself into a corner and is well and truly fcuked.

No. We should have no further communication with Liverpool unless they offer us £18m or £17m plus Finnan.

Although I have to say that I'm still of the (perhaps controversial and definitely unrealistic) opinion that we should point blank refuse to sell to those scum bags. I don't want them strengthened.

No.

They can pay our valuation. At this point it's only an extra million.

Ultimately, I'd rather Barry didn't go to the straggler in the "top 4" - especially if we're hoping to challenge for that position. We don't need the money (+ I'd rather Barry stayed). Etc.

No from me ... hang out for the price we know Liverpool aren't prepared to pay and sell him to Arsenal

We are streets away from catching Arsenal but Liverpool are there for taking .. last thing we want to do is strengthen them ..

Â