Mr Barry - The Final Offer!!

AvfcRigo82

Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept 16m + Steve Finnan for GB?

• no
    • yes

Id do it just to get finnan I guess, not that I rate him highly or anything but at least he will be a good squad player. Plus there is no chance of GB playing for us again so may aswell get rid of this 'dead wood'.

Id do it just to get finnan I guess, not that I rate him highly or anything but at least he will be a good squad player. Plus there is no chance of GB playing for us again so may aswell get rid of this 'dead wood'.

Yeah and get a lot of money (that hes not worth) before his value goes down and we end up not getting any money at all!

No, offer him to Arse for 14-15 mil!

Liverpool know the price and its 18 mil and not a penny less to them.

Heh, like the Carson thing? 10million to us, but 3.5million to anyone else :lol:

Exactly!

Yes. I think 16m and Finnan is a good price and want this nonsense over.

I'm just sad that a player I respected so much has turned out to be a total prick.

The last comment in this message is something I totally agree on.

Well the budget has already been allocated so Hicks and Gillett aren't directly involved at this stage and while Parry is as tight as a duck's arse, I doubt whether he has the authority to over-rule Rafa anymore. He's a bit of lame duck is Rick.

But, if Parry has been tasked by Benitez to secure the transfers of Barry and Keane within the constraints of that budget, wouldn't this be the tactics he would employ?

I'm sorry - I'm not sure what you are getting at. Please clarify.

You said that the reason for Liverpool's bids being below Villa's price is a question of differing valuations; that if Benitez felt that Barry was worth £18 million he would, in effect, order Parry to pay it and get the deal done.

My point was that, given the budget that you say has been set by Hicks and Gillette, and the apparent twin targets of Keane and Barry, would Benitez have said to Parry "use that budget to get me these 2 players"? And would Parry have tried his best to get the price down, regardless of Benitez's opinions on the players value?

The budget isn't that rigid though with players coming in and going out for various amounts. There are other targets that need to be budgeted for besides Barry and Keane. We've just spent £3m on a reserve keeper - we could have economised on the likes of Antti Niemi and allocated that money to the Barry deal.

Redman you could have economised further by keeping a keeper you wanted to sell to us for £10m but let go for £3.5 to the Boggies

That's right. The point is it doesn't ring true that Liverpool are down to their last £15m and scrabbling around down the back of the sofa for enough change to buy Gareth Barry.

As for Carson, the £10m valuation was set around the time Craig Gordon moved for a similar fee. Clearly Benitez was trying it on but then again, you did pay £2.5m for a year-long loan at the time.

That's right. The point is it doesn't ring true that Liverpool are down to their last £15m and scrabbling around down the back of the sofa for enough change to buy Gareth Barry.

Why did victimpool ask for credit terms outside of the accepted norm of the prem. (Norm= 50% now 50% in 12 months)

Whether you like it or even accept it redscouse are in a spot of financial shit.

From The Times 30th June 2008

It remains to be seen, though, how high Liverpool will be forced to go to get their man and with money alarmingly tight at Anfield this summer, there is no appetite for a dramatically increased offer. Liverpool’s precise financial situation remains unclear, but, facing annual interest bills in the region of £30 million as a result of a £350 million refinancing deal in January, BenÍtez has been left in no doubt by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the club’s American owners, that he must sell players to raise funds for reinforcements such as Barry, David Silva, the Spain and Valencia midfield player, and Andrea Dossena, the Udinese left back, who will join Liverpool for £7 million this week.

http://tinyurl.com/59o73q

I would have to say my best players would only be sold abroad, we finished 6th last term why are we all in a rush to let GB go to a team we could catch with the right additions.

If GB wants to go to Pool (I don't recall any TV interview where he has stated this as fact) and we don't need to sell him I would let him rot in the reserves.

If we sell they get a class midfielder we get a third rate defender, what's the point of that (we have been told by MON we do not need this GB money to strengthen).

Also on the subject of transfers I would have a policy of no loan signings, you sign full time or not at all (loanees give you nothing, if they are good they go back, don't play against their parent club, if they are crap ala Carson you are stuffed for there loan period).

I wonder if Gerrards injury puts the pressure on Benitez to get this done. I'm sure Liverpool wouldn't want to go into the new season with two of their central midfielders struggling for match fitness, so they'll want Barry in ASAP.

I think we can hold on a little while longer.

Â