Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

I'm not convinced by Perisic and surprised his ownership is so high. Competiting with Reguillion and Sessegnon for the LWB spot, new to the league, 33 years old (but in good shape) and the last time he played under Conte he played under 60 mins in nearly half the games (seen that on Twitter but haven't checked myself yet).

Somebody sell me on him. 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

whats everyone's views on haaland? seems like the room is split on social media

personally, he's in my team, mainly due to city's opening games. i just dont see a scenario where he doesnt score goals in those early games

He's straight in for me. At his price he's easy enough to get rid of if he doesn't perform. The risk of missing out on a few early hauls is massive if you don't have him

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not convinced by Perisic and surprised his ownership is so high. Competiting with Reguillion and Sessegnon for the LWB spot, new to the league, 33 years old (but in good shape) and the last time he played under Conte he played under 60 mins in nearly half the games (seen that on Twitter but haven't checked myself yet).

Somebody sell me on him. 

He's in my team but if he lost his place to Reguilon then it would be interesting. Reguilon is only 4.5 on FPL

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He's in my team but if he lost his place to Reguilon then it would be interesting. Reguilon is only 4.5 on FPL

I think he's ahead of Reguillion but that he'll possibly have his minutes managed. As it stands I'm leading more towards spending a little extra and getting James or Chilwell etc. 

I'm open to being convinced though as he is a very good player. 

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's straight in for me. At his price he's easy enough to get rid of if he doesn't perform. The risk of missing out on a few early hauls is massive if you don't have him

just saw he's the same price as kane, who plays southampton first game so looking at kane for GW1 then swap him out

54 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

just saw he's the same price as kane, who plays southampton first game so looking at kane for GW1 then swap him out

I have both in my current draft... 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. My first draft includes Robbo, Trent, Cancelo, James and Perisic

Would you rather spend 6.5m on a shit striker or on Andy Robertson who will get you 200 points?

There's just no value in attackers, again. 

Yeh I think this could be a dreadful season but I really hope I'm wrong. I want to watch the games and hope my players score goals and if 5-4-1 is the optimal way to play then they have made a huge error, I don't want to watch a game and hope it's 0-0.

They should have put some fun back in the game, make it so forwards also get 5 points a goal seems fair to me. The bonus system seems to massively reward full backs for the top sides.

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

whats everyone's views on haaland? seems like the room is split on social media

personally, he's in my team, mainly due to city's opening games. i just dont see a scenario where he doesnt score goals in those early games

Doesn't seem split to me. 65% ownership already but maybe pre-season news can change that if it sounds like he's being eased in.

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh I think this could be a dreadful season but I really hope I'm wrong. I want to watch the games and hope my players score goals and if 5-4-1 is the optimal way to play then they have made a huge error, I don't want to watch a game and hope it's 0-0.

They should have put some fun back in the game, make it so forwards also get 5 points a goal seems fair to me. The bonus system seems to massively reward full backs for the top sides.

yep - the pricing of the liverpool and chelsea full backs is the main error

it would've been interesting if they'd priced trent at 10.0 for example

The way fullbacks play now has changed the game. The points system isn't designed for defenders that get so many attacking returns. You're basically playing wingers who get more points for attacking returns and have the fallback of clean sheets if they blank attacking wise

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The way fullbacks play now has changed the game. The points system isn't designed for defenders that get so many attacking returns. You're basically playing wingers who get more points for attacking returns and have the fallback of clean sheets if they blank attacking wise

it would be fine if they were priced correctly. trent and cancelo both scored more points than kane last season...so why is there a 4+ price difference

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it would be fine if they were priced correctly. trent and cancelo both scored more points than kane last season...so why is there a 4+ price difference

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Anyone else tempted to go without Salah? 

Absolute lock for me now Mane has gone. He's had a little bit of a longer break than some others this summer and no WC coming up for him so doesn't need to be managed anytime soon.

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Plenty of time to change my mind but no Salah for me either.

Gone for Haaland, Son and Sterling (assuming he moves to Chelsea) as my big hitters.

think this is where this season's FPL will be won and lost. can see so many having pretty much the same back 5

someone out of son, kane, salah, haaland will have a comparatively shite season and it'll be who makes the decision to leave them out

Finding it impossible not to go really big at the back, and that's no fun. I prefer filling my midfield with the Coutinhos and the Bowens of the world rather than a backline filled with fullbacks. But they've got the pricing badly wrong on defenders. The only decisions now are how big to go at the back, and who amongst the midfield/attack can you justify bringing in over a defender.  My current decisions are on Diaz over Robbo or Jesus over one of them. Maybe drop Chilwell to Neco Williams if he signs for Forest and then go 4 big at the back instead of 5.  But I can't see my draft changing too much from what it is now. Just the peripheral stuff. Even if big signings are made.  As for the premium striker, I'm also on Kane with plans to go to Haaland in week 2.

I'm huge at the back at the moment. My current two drafts:

Ederson

Trent, Robbo, Cancelo, James, Perisic

Salah, Dewsbury Hall, Buendia, Bowen

Haaland

Subs: Darlow, Andreas, Archer, Greenwood (Leeds)

or

Sanchez

Trent, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Lamptey

Buendia, Neto, Salah

Haaland, Kane

Subs: Darlow, Andreas, Archer, 4.5 mid