U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

It was very wet and the conditions were horrible, the referee was terrible and both teams were a bit sloppy at times. I thought Kerr Smith and the keeper were our best two, with Revan and Guilbert in the conversation. We might have held on for the win, but I thought the draw was probably about right. 

And @AndyClarke I'm the santa looking fella sat in front of Luke Moore.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It was very wet and the conditions were horrible, the referee was terrible and both teams were a bit sloppy at times. I thought Kerr Smith and the keeper were our best two, with Revan and Guilbert in the conversation. We might have held on for the win, but I thought the draw was probably about right. 

And @AndyClarke I'm the santa looking fella sat in front of Luke Moore.

With the bobble hat? I've seen you a few times. I am the fat guy with the beard on your end of your row with the 2 kids playing on their switches!

• Haha 1

Kobei's movement is really good, looks a prospect. I thought O'Reilly had a decent game tonight, he's not my cup of tea though.

Kadan Young was incredible in 3 or 4 short bursts but did little else, he had to be talked through the game by the coaching team. Strange really, he didn't seem to have the heart for it, they had to keep telling him to get up or chase the ball.

Omari Kellyman is a big lad, not involved tonight but he was there with several of the other lads. One I am looking forward to seeing in action.

Fred at this level is brilliant, actually a good measure of where some of these players are really at......the answer? Way off it.

Friday 21/10
19:00 Aston Villa(8->9)   1-1 Notts Forest(7)
19:00 Norwich City(2)     1-1 West Brom(4->3)

Saturday
11:00 Middlesbrough(3->4) 2-4 Leeds Utd(1)

Sunday
14:00 Newcastle Utd(6)    3-2 Southampton(5)
14:00 Stoke City(9->10)   2-3 Sunderland(10->8)

Derby have lost every single game this season. 7 from 7. Surely even we can win this one. Although they'd say in fairness they haven't played Villa yet.

Saturday 29/10
12:30 Derby County (11) v Aston Villa(9)

Sunday
12:00 Southampton(5)    v Middlesbrough(4)

Monday
19:00 Notts Forest(7)   v Norwich City(2)
19:00 West Brom(3)      v Stoke City(10)
19:00 Newcastle Utd(6)  v Sunderland(8)

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

not getting minutes in the first team so gets to kick a ball in this instead

its like we suddenly know what we're doing

To be fair there aren't many options as you have to start delving into the young lads (Moore, Lutz, Kellyman, Wilson) two of which are on the bench anyway. Makes sense for all I would suggest, but perhaps not so much if Shakpoke is fit.

Archer and K Young in the same team could make for a very dangerous attack, especially if Tommi O'Reilly can get his final pass right. Not sure how good the Brentford team is but I think we're going to need a good performance from our midfielders, Raikhy hasn't seemed quite his usual self, but seemed to improve as the game went on Friday, Alcock I think is a much better midfielder than right-back as well.

Kellyman is injured and Wilson is away on international duty with Scotland.

Not sure what's going on with Shakpoke, it might just be that they're managing his game time carefully after he missed pretty the whole of his first two years with us.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure what's going on with Shakpoke, it might just be that they're managing his game time carefully after he missed pretty the whole of his first two years with us.

He went off injured on Friday after grimacing and limping his way through the game initially getting injured in the warm up. He also went off at half time the Friday before.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Thanks 1