U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Mark Reagan seems to think that Feeney is Smith and that Smith is Feeney, Garry Thompson too polite to say something.

Look a lot more solid today, Revan, Feeney, and Guilbert coming into the team at this level probably helps things in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A shame to lose that as was the better team over the 90 minutes, at least they showed they can compete at this level after the two recent heavy defeats, to be fair those two defeats came against a first team side, and an Albion side with a lot players that really should be out on loan, they went and scored five goals in their next game against Middlesbrough, so not reading too much into those games.

As I've said previously I think we will get better once the likes of Kadan Young, and Travis Patterson come into the team despite them being younger, as well as presumably some of the first year scholars we've brought in from outside the club, because when we do that and pay big money for them it's usually because we rate them highly enough to come in at this level early, and that usually proves to be good judgement, see Chrisene, Bogarde, Smith, Barber, Feeney who all came in as first year scholars, and will probably be the same for Katsukunya, Simpson, Kellyman, Wilson eventually.

I actually think we could potentially have a decent run in the Youth Cup this year, if we get a decent draw and can keep everyone fit.

• Like 1

U18s have been struggling defensively in the league but on paper

Lewis in goal, Barber, Triston Rowe, Smith, Feeney, Simpson, Barnes, Patterson, Kellyman, K Young, Wilson, Kobei Moore, some pretty good options, Luka Lynch and Broggio been playing an age up and were already playing a couple of ages up last season, so they could be involved as well.

Could potentially be a decent team.

Better performance today as expected with a stronger team and unlucky to lose. There are similarities with the first team - well organised and strong in possession but struggle to break teams down (outside of a frantic last 10 mins). Our best opportunities seemed to come when Fred nicked the ball in midfield and set up a counter.

Josh 'Kerr Smith' Feeney continues to stand out.

Very negative at times last night, generally not brave enough and too much tippy tappy academy crap. Second half when they really stepped onto Newcastle and got up the pitch it was a different game, Fred's aggression amd experience in midfield a big factor in that.

Not overly impressed and I don't expect to see many of these lads knocking on the first team door to be honest. Feeney is great, an absolute Rolls Royce and Smith next to him solid enough, beyond that not a great deal to shout about for one reason or another. That said Moore's movement was excellent when he moved into the centre forward position.

Edited by AndyClarke

8 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Very negative at times last night, generally not brave enough and too much tippy tappy academy crap. Second half when they really stepped onto Newcastle and got up the pitch it was a different game, Fred's aggression amd experience in midfield a big factor in that.

Not overly impressed and I don't expect to see many of these lads knocking on the first team door to be honest. Feeney is great, an absolute Rolls Royce and Smith next to him solid enough, beyond that not a great deal to shout about for one reason or another. That said Moore's movement was excellent when he moved into the centre forward position.

Yes i agree that they are not a particularly outstanding group at the moment.  We do have our best u21s out on loan though with Tim probably having the biggest impact so far. 

Feeney looks to have kicked on a bit. Really impressed with his calmness and passing out from the back. I like OReilly but he just isnt big enough and has one trick. 

If we can bring one through a year that would be magic to be fair. Ramsey 21 , Archer 20 , Tim Aaron and Kaine 19 Chrisene 18 and Feeney 17 are probably the ones that have a half decent chance if they do not stagnate. 

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 18:59, AndyClarke said:

Fred's wife has just walked past me again, knee high boots and a short(ish) skirt......I can only assume that this is her first visit to Bodymoor.

Pics or it didn't happen 😜