U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Newcastle have beaten Norwich - Ryan Fraser on the scoresheet. :)

Oh I hadn't noticed the early kick off. Lovely jubbly. 

On 04/04/2023 at 10:48, BOF said:

With all of the above in mind, here are the key dates and fixtures for the run-in.

11/04 Blackburn     6-1 Notts Forest (PLC)
14/04 Middlesbrough 0-1  Notts Forest (we would like Forest to drop points)
14/04 Aston Villa   3-0  Derby County
17/04 West Brom     2-1  Sunderland
17/04 Newcastle     4-3  Norwich City
21/04 Notts Forest  4-3  Aston Villa
23/04 Norwich        v  Southampton
23/04 Leeds Utd      v  Middlesbrough
24/04 Stoke City     v  West Brom
28/04 West Brom      v  Leeds Utd

Good for us
Neutral
Bad for us

:D

Front page table updated with yesterday's results

Newcastle Utd 4-3 Norwich City
West Brom     2-1 Sunderland
Stoke City    1-1 Leeds Utd

Leeds and Southampton have an identical record at the top, other than Leeds' game in hand.

• Thanks 1

Just reading Raikhy is set to be released at the end of the season, which, for me, is quite sad. I actually thought he would be one to make it in claret and blue, he stood out for me in that Youth cup win, however, I did have some concern regarding his pace, or lack of, I mean, you have to be a really special midfielder at the  top level to compensate for a lack of pace, Andre Pirlo kind of special. 

It would have been lovely to at last have someone from the local Asian community representing the Villa first team. Gutted for those lovely Punjabi villains, I bet they had their hearts set on him making it with us.

I still think he's talented enough to have a career in football, and I really hope he does. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

One player who seems to be going under the radar is Seb Revan. Couldn't find a thread for him.

He has been on the bench for the past three games even though Digne has been available. He has been training with the first team for a while, captain of the U21s, and has been arguably our most consistent performer at U21 level this season. It will be interesting to see what happens if Digne moves on this summer. No replacement would probably mean Revan is competing with/backing up Moreno.

Emery must have seen something in Raikhy as he played him in a Xmas friendly, but for whatever reason he has not been persevered with. Always thought he had good technical skills but doesn't have enough end product. Hopefully he can find a club (if the rumours about his release are true) where he has time to work on improving in this area. The encouraging thing for him is the two relatively successful loan spells he has behind him.

19 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

One player who seems to be going under the radar is Seb Revan. Couldn't find a thread for him.

He has been on the bench for the past three games even though Digne has been available. He has been training with the first team for a while, captain of the U21s, and has been arguably our most consistent performer at U21 level this season. It will be interesting to see what happens if Digne moves on this summer. No replacement would probably mean Revan is competing with/backing up Moreno.

For some reason, Revan's thread has made its way to the 'Other Football' section, where it does not belong. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For some reason, Revan's thread has made its way to the 'Other Football' section, where it does not belong. 

Fixed ! Hadn't noticed that. Maybe he got mixed up with his brother.

I do love how all the comments about the thread being in Other Football, up until you pointed it out to me, were made everywhere but to an actual mod who could fix it :bang::lol:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

Emery must have seen something in Raikhy as he played him in a Xmas friendly, but for whatever reason he has not been persevered with. Always thought he had good technical skills but doesn't have enough end product. Hopefully he can find a club (if the rumours about his release are true) where he has time to work on improving in this area. The encouraging thing for him is the two relatively successful loan spells he has behind him.

I think he hasnt got the lungs for it . A clever and techically gifted footballer but he was always blowing out his arse after 60 in the youth games.  Not saying he was unfit due to lack of application. Just that he isnt built for top end football.