U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

He's first year scholar midfielder, was captain of U16s last season, we signed him and his younger brother from West Brom. Not seen him play though, I think he might have had injury issues this season, otherwise I'm guessing would have played more for the U18s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

@Unused Sub what did you make of the controversial penalty of Alvechurch's?

Lots of people saying it didn't cross the line but that the watching Alvechurch keeper persuaded the ref it had.

I was stood by the half way line with an elevation of about a foot. We had the previous penalty saved and my first instinct was that it hadn’t been a costly miss as the ball had bounced out (admittedly with my claret and blue tinted glasses). It was one of those ones where the ball concertinas the bar and goal line. In all honesty there wasn’t much in it all either way. From my view I would say the ball was more in than out. Whether the whole of the ball was over is debatable. I would say possibly not. Note, possibly not probably if that makes sense! I didn’t think the ref would give it. The ref didn’t signal anything, it was the lineman’s call. He walked up to ref with their gk in his ear. It took quite a while to give it. Suggests it wasn’t given on a gut reaction. Following this, their gk then threw the ball over the head of our next taker. There was no doubt that their gk was a clearing in the woods.

The real test is that in my nerdiness (don’t judge me) I quickly note the takers shirt number as he walks to the spot and it put a squiggle next to his number if he misses. I squiggled.

• Thanks 1