U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Will we have any of the loanies back for these games?

That's a good question. Honestly don't know. I guess it depends how the loanee's club are doing, and if they're still needed for playoffs etc. But I'm only guessing.

11 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Where are Ealing and Kesler playing? Aren't they both right backs?

Sofascore has Ealing on the right with Kesler on the left. Soccerway has them the other way around 😂

FP stats updated. We're going to the playoffs baby! Norwich took a hiding to keep them 6th.

Sunday
Leeds Utd    3-1 Middlesbrough
Norwich City 2-5 Southampton

Just 3 league games left now this season, all to be played this week, 2 of which are West Brom's games in hand. Unless they lose both, we will be 5th. Who we face depends on the result of Friday's game between West Brom and Leeds. If Leeds get anything from that game we face Southampton. If West Brom win we play Leeds.

Monday
19:00 Derby County v Newcastle Utd
19:00 Stoke City   v West Brom

Friday
19:00 West Brom    v Leeds Utd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BOF said:

FP stats updated. We're going to the playoffs baby! Norwich took a hiding to keep them 5th.

Sunday
Leeds Utd    3-1 Middlesbrough
Norwich City 2-5 Southampton

Just 3 league games left now this season, all to be played this week, 2 of which are West Brom's games in hand. Unless they lose both, we will be 5th. Who we face depends on the result of Friday's game between West Brom and Leeds. If Leeds get anything from that game we face Southampton. If West Brom win we play Leeds.

Monday
19:00 Derby County v Newcastle Utd
19:00 Stoke City   v West Brom

Friday
19:00 West Brom    v Leeds Utd

Excellent, Have any commencing dates been pencilled in for the playoffs weeks? 

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Excellent, Have any commencing dates been pencilled in for the playoffs weeks? 

I see nothing as of yet.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Hopefully we use Villa Park 

To answer my own presumption, We will Not play at Villa Park as only one leg tie.

• Teams ranked second to fifth go into a promotion playoff. Second plays fifth at home while the third-placed team host fourth in the semi-finals, both at the club's main stadiums. The final takes place at the home ground of the team who finished highest in the league
  • All playoff matches are one-off ties, decided by extra-time and then penalties if the match is level after 120 minutes 

https://www.premierleague.com/premier-league-2-explained

Possible outcome is (If) Albion lose there last 2 games then we play Forest away in the semi. Should we beat them then we play the winner of Albion v Southampton. 

Should Albion win then its Villa v Albion final at Villa Park :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's us 5th. Baggies finished scoreless. Job done for them.

Looks like a trip to the seaside then and beat the Olbion in the final on there own patch 

38 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Looks like a trip to the seaside then and beat the Olbion in the final on there own patch 

They ain't beating Forest imo.

Front page table updated with last night's results.

Derby County 1-4 Newcastle Utd
Stoke City   0-0 West Brom

One game left now, and it affects a lot.

Friday
19:00 West Brom v Leeds Utd

If Leeds lose, Southampton are promoted as champions and we're away to Leeds in the playoffs.
If they win or draw, they are promoted as champions and we're away to Southampton.

West Brom are 4th regardless, and face Forest in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Last season there was effectively 2 weeks between the last round of matches and the first playoff game. So I guess it depends whether they treat this Friday's game as the final 'round', or whether that's just a game in hand being taken care of and the actual final round was the weekend just gone (23/4).

So the playoffs will either be the weekend of the 7th of May or the 14th IMO. Last season the playoffs were the 15th & 17th of May after the final round of matches on the 1st & 2nd of May. I think with the Coronation happening the weekend of the 7th it's probably logistically more sensible to make the matches the 14th & 16th with the final on the 21st or 22nd, but we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Last season there was effectively 2 weeks between the last round of matches and the first playoff game. So I guess it depends whether they treat this Friday's game as the final 'round', or whether that's just a game in hand being taken care of and the actual final round was the weekend just gone (23/4).

So the playoffs will either be the weekend of the 7th of May or the 14th IMO. Last season the playoffs were the 15th & 17th of May after the final round of matches on the 1st & 2nd of May. I think with the Coronation happening the weekend of the 7th it's probably logistically more sensible to make the matches the 14th & 16th with the final on the 21st or 22nd, but we'll see soon enough.

Ahh bugger, Wolves away and Spurs at home. 

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Where and when is the semis at?

We don't know when yet but the where will be Elland Road.

• Like 1