Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

My mum's friend had just walked past and crossed the road from that building in Shrewsbury when it exploded. There was her and one other person in the street yet if you watch the news everyone in Shrewsbury claims to have been just walking past at the time!

I have hit a 140 playing darts on skysports news and had a little 30 second interview. They came in and filmed us at 11am for some darts piece they were doing and by 5pm it was on air. What with it being skysports news , the piece was shown every 20 minutes or so and we were all in the pub watching it. As the night wore on the pub became busier and more and more people came in and saw it. It was completely surreal It's really weird watching yourself on TV.! I was also in an episode of Challenge Anneka briefly and I can also see myself in the Holte End on my VHS recording of the Villa V Tranmere semi final, just after John Aldridge banged in his regular time Penalty. I have also appeared in the Mail and The Argus many times in team photos and results etc for Sunday league football and darts.

Ok quite a list... God knows why i dont get asked on any of these Jungle, Dancing or Big Brother Shows.

Appeared on Dont tell the bride this year as the best man (Yes the villa wedding)

Appeared on Czech National TV a singing Karaoke show whilst living in the Czech Republic

Played beach volleyball with S Club 7 on Bondi Beach (Me and My mates against them) Rachel is Hot!!!

Was interviewd outside the ground before O'Neil took over and was asked for my opinions (Central News)

My Father in Law is best mates with several villa legends, and actually played in Barcelona with them

One of my mates from work was in the final of the Ramsey show the other night (The Indian Team)

Had my wallet knicked out my pocket by Lee hendrie in the toilets of a club in broad street when he played for villa as a Joke. UGO, Collymore and Taylor came into the toilet and told him he was tw@t and to give it back.

My Mrs was a dancer on Tiswas in years gone by.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My uncle is Richard Branson's personal graphic designer, and designed the kitchen for his house!

The same uncle also desgined the old cafe that was in mothercare at Merry Hill.

I see Freddie Starr most days, as his daughter goes to my sons old nursery and Freddie parks outside my house!!

My uncle is Richard Branson's personal graphic designer, and designed the kitchen for his house!

I see Freddie Starr most days, as his daughter goes to my sons old nursery and Freddie parks outside my house!!

I thought Freddie Starr was in hospital at the moment? I always loved his stuff years ago but he came across as a complete berk in that Wife Swap thing he did a few years back - no shock that his missus has buggered off since then, don't blame her.

I thought Freddie Starr was in hospital at the moment? I always loved his stuff years ago but he came across as a complete berk in that Wife Swap thing he did a few years back - no shock that his missus has buggered off since then, don't blame her.

His ex mrs is lovely, I speak to her whenever i see her! Yeh he a nob, as for being in hospital, to be fair school only went back monday so i have yet to see him, i will ask his ex if i see her tomorrow!!

His ex mrs is lovely, I speak to her whenever i see her! Yeh he a nob, as for being in hospital, to be fair school only went back monday so i have yet to see him, i will ask his ex if i see her tomorrow!!

Yeah she came over really well in that Wife Swap thing, as did Sam Fox and her rug-munching lover. Starr came across as a lazy, sexist prick.

He's definately in the QE at the moment, awaiting bypass surgery, if you believe everything you read in the papers.

Lock up your hamsters.

(Or slip an African Pygmy hedghog into his lunch box).

• 2 months later...

Walking through heathrow towards my gate, in between a row of shops and a row of sears, the path was blocked by one of those r'tarded wimmin who stand there looking at something in the shop window with their stupid wheely bag stuck out three foot behind her. Resorting to my standard behaviour when presented with idiots such as this, I booted the bag out of the way, helping the lady in question realise the error of her ways. Imagine my surprise when she turned around at lo and behold, martina navratilova.

How did that happen? Him playing not..the goal ;)

Our goalie is a footy agent, think Fryatt must be one of his players. He's had a few players down in the past, but Fryatt's the only one I've heard of. :lol:

Working out in the states in 2005, I served Michael Stone (Oliver Stone's kid) nutritious food on a daily basis. He came to the summer camp that I was working on for the summer. You wouldn't have thought he was the son of anyone famous, great guy.

I apologise in advance for the next one as it's my previous life as a nerd coming to the fore and I'm sure I've posted it before. It may come across as a bit long:

Soon after the Playstation launched, I entered the "Psygnosis HMV Challenge". Didn't think much of it, but gave it a blast in Brum (playing Wipeout, Destruction Derby, etc). It finished about 11am (well my slot did anyway) and the lovely Joanne Galvin and Michelle Harris (Producers for as-then Psygnosis - if you're keen you can see their names appear when you complete Destruction Derby :D) told me to come back about 4pm. Didn't think much of it as I knew I did well but the day was long. So I trundled back about 4pm and got told that I had won (:hooray:).

What they then did to me was even more less expected. They handed over a Playstation and the released Psygnosis games (Lemmings 3d, Destruction Derby, Discworld and Wipeout) with the promise that I would get Krazy Ivan and Assault Rigs when they were released. I was also told I would go to the final in London ("you mean you gave me a Playstation and games and it wasn't even the final?!"). So, I went to London for the "grand" final. Met Dominic Diamond who continually took the peas out of my accent and was generally a word removed (I did actually type "word removed"). BUT! I was king and the world was good again. It turned out that the other heats didn't get the Playstation (that's what happens when you have the product managers run your heat :D) and they had to think up another prize for me. Instead, I got a Sony 16" TV (it was widescreen, I'll have you know) and a cheap Sony stereo. I even got Psygnosis branded Christmas cards for a few years after :notworthy:.

Â