Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

He won't be any manager once he's sacked because noone will want him as a league manager.

He'll get some recruitment/consultant job within the FA afterwards. 

'Head of Transitional Development' or some shitty title like that.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

He will become a TV pundit when he gets the sack

They will have to extend the program. Takes 5 minutes to get every word out, trying to sound intellectual.

Commentating for Chelsea 

"Errrr, I thought, Mason, err, was a, class act, on the field of play, an, amazing human being". 

"They lost 5-0 to Villa Gareth"?

😆

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

France and England bottom of the groups, UEFA might be getting nervous here. Switzerland as well since I think its still UEFAs home

it might have something to do with it being a pointless tournament and the players are thinking they should be on holiday after a long hard season and don't care.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I still have no idea what the nations league is or what the point of the tournament is. It seems completely unnecessary. 

It gives teams an extra passage to the Euros tournament, Its how North Macedonia and Scotland qualified last time

It also effects seedings for World Cup qualifiers

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It gives teams an extra passage to the Euros tournament, Its how North Macedonia and Scotland qualified last time

It also effects seedings for World Cup qualifiers

More games more TV money I assume. They could just allocate more places via the Euro’s qualification phase.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

More games more TV money I assume. They could just allocate more places via the Euro’s qualification phase.

The 2016 Euros Ireland qualified after finishing 3rd to get a playoff. It was farcical, this is much better idea

24 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Denmark are now officially brilliant. Maybe Villa should have gone for Hjulmand when Smith was sacked.

International football is a whole different beast to club football. Just ask Gareth South..

Never mind

Very impressed with Croatia against France.

They were gifted the softest penalty imaginable early on but controlled the game brilliantly from then on.

They played like Spain minus the recent cock-ups.

Modric was magnificent.

Didn't see enough of Kamara to get an impression.

Digne got a knock but seemed to recover.

I know I'm watching significantly less football than I used to, but how did I get to the point that I have no idea who an English starting player is? Marc Guehi? Never heard of the chap. No idea who he plays for, what position he plays, nope not a thing. I know more about the Kardashians and that is only because of, errrr adult movies.

• Haha 1

Just now, Straggler said:

I know I'm watching significantly less football than I used to, but how did I get to the point that I have no idea who an English starting player is? Marc Guehi? Never heard of the chap. No idea who he plays for, what position he plays, nope not a thing. I know more about the Kardashians and that is only because of, errrr adult movies.

I had that moment last summer when Palace paid Chelsea something like £20m for him

Not sure he ever kicked a ball for Chelsea 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I had that moment last summer when Palace paid Chelsea something like £20m for him

Not sure he ever kicked a ball for Chelsea 

Mad that he got a call up so quickly, Konsa was in top form for 18 months and didn’t get a sniff.

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Mad that he got a call up so quickly, Konsa was in top form for 18 months and didn’t get a sniff.

I've not seen him play for Palace so not a clue if he's any good

Mad thing for me is Chelsea sold England's 2 newest CBs for about £40m last summer, will lose Christensen and dave this summer, who signed off on that? 

Â