Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

Raphinha / Sterling to Chelsea will be interesting. Think how spoilt that club have been with signings over the last 2 decades its ridiculous. Just spend 100s of mills every single summer, rinse and repeat. 

Richarlison looking like he’ll be going to Spurs for the same price as Raphinha to Chelsea. Thats a good deal for Everton tbh, turning a profit

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s class!

I think he's inconsistent and goes missing 

But I do also think that's maybe related to Leeds and not say Brazil and if he did sign for a top team he'd switch on a bit more 

At the moment for me he's a highlights player, dips in and out with brilliance but then for 10-20 minutes the commentator doesn't say his name 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's inconsistent and goes missing 

But I do also think that's maybe related to Leeds and not say Brazil and if he did sign for a top team he'd switch on a bit more 

At the moment for me he's a highlights player, dips in and out with brilliance but then for 10-20 minutes the commentator doesn't say his name 

My best mate supports Leeds (I know) and he says he’s unbelievable. Loves him the way we loved Jack.

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Ten Haag masterplan buy all Ajax players/ex Ajax players/Eredivise players he knows. 

Don't see it working tbh and also seems a really weirdly limited viewpoint for a 'top manager'. 

I mean surely just buying all the best players from the Dutch league is a slam-dunk no-brainer, I mean after all they're always in the later rounds of European competition and signings from the league have an excellent recent track record, so I anticipate they'll be pushing City all the way next season.

40 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Raphinha / Sterling to Chelsea will be interesting. Think how spoilt that club have been with signings over the last 2 decades its ridiculous. Just spend 100s of mills every single summer, rinse and repeat. 

Richarlison looking like he’ll be going to Spurs for the same price as Raphinha to Chelsea. Thats a good deal for Everton tbh, turning a profit

to go with Werner, Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic and Hudson Odoi for the same position

Not sure even players that Chelsea need

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s class!

Rumour Chelsea want to play him as RWB and put James more central.

Can see Chelsea dropping a few places next season, don't get them wanting Nathan Ake back as he isn't good enough for CL clubs imo.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rumour Chelsea want to play him as RWB and put James more central.

Can see Chelsea dropping a few places next season, don't get them wanting Nathan Ake back as he isn't good enough for CL clubs imo.

I think the new owners havent a clue or got the right people in now that Marina and Cech have left. Some of the signings are strange and dont seem to fit Tuchel style

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When a Jack Grealish goes for 100m, 60m for Raphinia doesn’t seem such a bad deal.

Jack was genuinely world class maybe even top 20 player in the world for us tho. Raphinha has Bertrand Traore stats 7/8 goals a season(pens don't count). We'd be lucky to get 10 Mill for Bertie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean surely just buying all the best players from the Dutch league is a slam-dunk no-brainer, I mean after all they're always in the later rounds of European competition and signings from the league have an excellent recent track record, so I anticipate they'll be pushing City all the way next season.

Bizarre point of view, buying the cream of a poor European league will make them challenge Man City? Nah don't think so. Also European competition is cup football alot of it is luck of the draw not equal to a league. 

26 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Bizarre point of view, buying the cream of a poor European league will make them challenge Man City? Nah don't think so. Also European competition is cup football alot of it is luck of the draw not equal to a league. 

Try reading it again, but this time assume it's biting, witty sarcasm.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Where was he?

Middle east wasn't it? Seems like a decade ago Kodj was our main hope to get promoted before he got those injuries.

Might be a decent pick up on a free for a Boro or Cardiff if he's still motivated.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When a Jack Grealish goes for 100m, 60m for Raphinia doesn’t seem such a bad deal.

I think grealish is a much better player. He dod struggle at city but grealish was consistently good for many years. I dont think raphina stats are that great of im honest.

Personally i thought chelsea would go for better players than that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Jack was genuinely world class maybe even top 20 player in the world for us tho. Raphinha has Bertrand Traore stats 7/8 goals a season(pens don't count). We'd be lucky to get 10 Mill for Bertie. 

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think grealish is a much better player. He dod struggle at city but grealish was consistently good for many years. I dont think raphina stats are that great of im honest.

Personally i thought chelsea would go for better players than that

Look at Jacks Premier League stats next to Raphinia’s relative to how many games they have both played. It’s hardly worlds apart.

Â