Biggest Gig Regret

JoshVilla

52 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Similarly Faith No More were due to tour the UK but Covid struck and then the tour was never rearranged.

have my doubts they’ll tour the UK again 😭

Well, it looks like you want it all, but you can't have it😁

• Haha 1

I was never too keen on Kate Bush's music at the time (late 70's) so I turned down the chance to see her at Brum Hippodrome of all places. It was a midweek gig & was working 6-2 the next morning so gave it a swerve.Β 

As I've grown older her music has really grown on me. I tried to get tickets for one of her last gigs at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2014 but they were like rocking horse doo doo so no chance.

Needless to say my biggest regret was not seeing her when she was on my door step back in 79. Maybe she'll do another tour sometime but I can't see it myself.

The Clash

Van Halen (w/Roth)

Bowie

Prince

The Clash and original VH both broke up around the time I first started going to concerts (with adult chaperonesΒ :blush:)

But Bowie and Prince...just didn't expect them to bite the dust so young.

Mother in Law once passed up the chance to see early Queen.

I had Springsteen tickets in my basket for the VP show this summer, timer counting down etc... and I decided to go back a step because there was a marginally cheaper section so wanted to try that again first. Ended up with nothing.Β 

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Mother in Law once passed up the chance to see early Queen.

I had Springsteen tickets in my basket for the VP show this summer, timer counting down etc... and I decided to go back a step because there was a marginally cheaper section so wanted to try that again first. Ended up with nothing.Β 

If it helps the sound was dreadful.Β Β 

Passed on seeing John Carpenter and Ryuichi Sakamoto at their respective last shows in London. I say "passed", it was more we didn't really have the money for it at the time but boy do I regret that. Spurred me to splash out the hefty sum for Brian Eno this year.

Most recently not booking a hotel overnight for The Mars Volta's show at the Troxy, ultimately meaning having to leave before the last two songs as things ran late, those two songs of course being the two I was most excited to hear (Son et Lumiere into Inertiatic ESP).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Passed on seeing John Carpenter and Ryuichi Sakamoto at their respective last shows in London. I say "passed", it was more we didn't really have the money for it at the time but boy do I regret that. Spurred me to splash out the hefty sum for Brian Eno this year.

Most recently not booking a hotel overnight for The Mars Volta's show at the Troxy, ultimately meaning having to leave before the last two songs as things ran late, those two songs of course being the two I was most excited to hear (Son et Lumiere into Inertiatic ESP).

I can sympathise very much with this. I was at Uni when I went to see the Dillinger Escape Plan on their final UK tour and had to leave before the encore to get the last train back to Chester. Missed one of my absolute favourite songs (which apparently had to be abandoned midway through due to something happening in the crowd).

Β 

• Sad 1

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚