Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

47 minutes ago, allani said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Our playing squad is hugely over-rated by many people on this forum.  Our midfield is disastrously unbalanced.  We need reinforcements so that even if Gerrard does get sacked, the new manager has a chance of winning some matches and getting us into some form before January.  Two from McGinn, JJ, Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba or Tim are not going to give us the platform we need to improve our attacking or our defensive performance.

We are only a couple of key players away from a really good squad - but the emphasis is on "key".  We need to improve the spine of our team otherwise we will struggle more often than not.

Agree to disagree then 🤣

I don't want to see the Scouse Fraud given another penny. The only circumstance I'd accept this in is if he's somehow still here in January and we're in the relegation zone. Which I guess, with him in charge and his anal plug Christian Purslow calling the shots, is actually quite possible.

• Like 1

El Ghazi being linked with move to Dutch outfit PSV, interestingly as a replacement for Madueke, who is out injured until November, Madueke is someone who I think we've been very loosely linked to, but if we're confident that his injury isn't too serious maybe could be an option as an alternative to Sarr, I haven't seen much of him so don't know how similar he is, but would be another attacking option.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He's not dropping the guy he just made captain ffs

27 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Agree to disagree then 🤣

I don't want to see the Scouse Fraud given another penny. The only circumstance I'd accept this in is if he's somehow still here in January and we're in the relegation zone. Which I guess, with him in charge and his anal plug Christian Purslow calling the shots, is actually quite possible.

true and purslow wouldnt go after a top class manager like poch cause of his own ego

I reckon they've already bid a pittance and we've said £5m please. This is their move.

This journalist speaks for PSV verbatim.

I'd be happy with £2-3m for the lad. Thanks for the good times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He's not dropping the guy he just made captain ffs

well ultimately its his neck on the line.  All players have dips in form. If he hasn't got the balls to drop his captain when playing badly he's worse than even I thought.  Which is pretty bad.

2 hours ago, Feidhlim said:

I usually just lurk but the folk calling for more signings, need to really ask if that will change this team...

We loan out Hause to potentially get Bednarek.

We loan out Traore to try and buy Sarr.

These are not substantial upgrades and more importantly, I don't see this manager getting the most from them.

We have an excellent squad that should be playing much better than they are. 

Anyway, good talk.

lol Sarr is not an upgrade on traore.  now come on.  I mean really.  

Sorry not that I don't sort of agree with your overall comment.  the squad is certainly better than Gerrard is getting out of them and traore is a decent player.  he's just not in the same class as Sarr.

Edited by tezzaleed

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Moyes has said the top players don't want to come because of the fans booing at home games.....

....and he's getting pelters for it from them

''David Moyes riles West Ham fans by suggesting booing at the London Stadium is stopping them attracting 'top players',

after 'a couple of people who were very keen to come' watched their 2-0 home defeat by Brighton''

Didn't see that bit,  but he is possibly right. 

That's why no matter how bad we play I just won't boo the players or manager,  even if the deserve it. 

SSNews didn't show that part of the interview which is unusual as they love a bit of dirty

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I reckon they've already bid a pittance and we've said £5m please. This is their move.

This journalist speaks for PSV verbatim.

I'd be happy with £2-3m for the lad. Thanks for the good times.

El Ghazi and 35 million for sangare, please. 

• Like 1