Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If you looked at sofascore and whoscored ratings, the lowest rated players who played at least 900 minutes last season(ignoring GKs) for us were Nakamba, Konsa and Young. Perhaps its no coincidence that the 3 new players we've brought in so far have been a DM, a CB and an LB. If you continue to follow that trend, the next lowest rated player on both sites is Ings so it might imply he's next on our replacement list.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So we waste a season because we can’t get an 8 in because we have players that will never get minutes are sitting there that we can’t get rid of?

I mean I would obviously sign one regardless if it was up to me. It's  not my opinion that it's correct, just saying that the club probably won't be doing it as that is generally the case in football.

What Collomose has tweeted doesn't come close to saying that 'we're done', just says that the signings we've made so far were the priorities, and I'm not even sure if that's correct. Also not sure why Collomose is suddenly seen as some super reliable reporter, the only exclusive I can recall him having with regards to us what that he was the first to report our interest in Bailey last summer.

I think we're still in for another midfielder and another attacker, many are too swayed by what the clickbait media say or don't say, so just because there's not been many rumours recently people think we aren't going to sign anyone, despite Gerrard himself saying just a few days ago that we're looking to strengthen in midfield.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

These kind of comments never make sense… Transfer windows don’t win games, leagues or cups. if they did, then the season would be over 1st September..

It’s what teams do with what they got that makes the difference. We got some tidy signings, refreshed and reinvigorated players,  a new “tactical genius” and a chance to move dougie up the pitch, Things could rapidly change for Villa fortunes. 

Never said anything about the transfer window, I asked what the squad was good enough to achieve?  Things could all go our way and we do great but seasons generally have bumps along the way so with this squad my question still stands.  I think we are just about pushing for a top ten position if things go our way.  I’m not sure that is the expectation of the owners.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought Dean Smith, Lange, and Purslow had it sussed. I was shocked to find Smith had been sacked but I now think that Gerrard is a bigger name in football and can therefore attract bigger names due to his playing exploits mainly

So you think Kamara and Carlos signed based on Gerrard's status alone?  I'd seriously doubt  that would be enough for them to forego CL football elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

So you think Kamara and Carlos signed based on Gerrard's status alone?  I'd seriously doubt  that would be enough for them to forego CL football elsewhere. 

I agree, also why are they coming here foregoing CL football for them to be the only signings for a 14th place team.  There has to be more coming in.  

Imagine sitting in Kamara’s sitting room saying we finished 14th, Gerrard says “come play for me, we finished 14th, I’m signing you, Carlos and a back up LB, ignore those CL offerings…”.  Kamara says “yes” to that? Hardly!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The way j look at it is where would i want better players 

MARTINEZ ..nope

CASH ..nope

DIGNE ..nope

MINGS ..nope ( not this season) 

CARLOS nope

KAMARA nope

RAMSEY nope

MEATBALL .. yep

COUTINHO .. nope

WATKINS  .. maybe

BUENDIA .. nope

So in a perfect world we are 2 signings away of being really strong all over the pitch. 

Going into our 4th season in the prem that is a good place to be 

Cannot see where the board has let us down or the manager has been blind. 

Kamara will totally change us. Watched his highlights again this morning. He is really really really good .

Because even by your analysis almost 20% of the team ie McGinn and Watkins probably need upgrading just to be attempting to challenge for European placed team even if we didn’t get it.

More than that a third of our midfielders and our main striker you think may need upgrading, that’s significant.

Our midfield was a major probably last season and all our eggs are in the basket on a 22 year old very talented, new to the country, league and language.  I worry for Kamara because the pressure is huge to hit the ground running otherwise fans most likely will be on his back rather than allowing a settle in period.

Edited by nick76

I think us signing another midfielder is a certainty, and I think we will definitely be trying to sign another striker, but that probably won't be as easy, as might not be easy for us to attract someone that's guaranteed to be better than what we already have, but certainly I think we will be trying.

I think there's also a possibility that we could bring someone in to replace Chukwuemeka should he leave, but lots of ifs and buts with regards to that.

Also I'm sure there will be plenty more departures as well, again just because our players aren't being constantly linked with moves away on twitter or whatever, doesn't mean to say things aren't happening in the background, we're good at keeping things quiet.

Edited by useless

I think whatever happens we've had a great window.

• Got lil Phil on a full time deal.
  • Brought in one of the top midfield youngsters from France.
  • A monster of a centre back in Carlos.
  • Sweden's keeper as back up to Emi
  • LB as back up and a challenge to Luca.
  • Several players hopefully going into the season far more settled and fit than last year.
  • Youth prospects flourishing.
  • Very little in the way of unknowns coming into the club with a focus on strengthening our weaker areas.
  • Most importantly a full pre season without ridiculous distractions.

It shows me that regardless of us not spending fortunes on players that still may not work out, the club and fans are very much on the same hymn sheet. The day's of drastic change are over and now it's about tweaking and raising the levels. I'm quite happy.   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Good squad for what though? At the moment we are struggling for a top ten place.

Obviously improvements could be done, but they wouldn't change the big picture. Other things matter more now  Gerrard has enough to play with to get us to Europe or close thereto.

• Haha 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Obviously improvements could be done, but they wouldn't change the big picture. Other things matter more now  Gerrard has enough to play with to get us to Europe or close thereto.

Close to Europe? Not a chance!

• Like 1

Our Squad is Hugeeee

Goalkeepers
Emiliano Martínez
Robin Olsen
Oliwier Zych 
Filip Marschall - Loan

Defenders 
Tyrone Mings
Lucas Digne
Ezri Konsa
Calum Chambers
Diego Carlos
Matty Cash
Ashley Young
Ludwig Augustinsson
Kortney Hause
Frederic Guilbert- Sell
Josh Feeney- U21'S
Kaine Kesler Hayden- Loan
Ben Chrisene- Loan

Midfielders
Boubacar Kamara
Douglas Luiz- Possibly Sell 
Marvelous Nakamba
John McGinn
Jacob Ramsey
Philippe Coutinho
Emiliano Buendía
Leon Bailey
Bertrand Traoré
Carney Cashwuemeka- New Deal or throw out the club
Morgan Sanson- Possibly Sell
El Ghazi- Sell
Jaden Philogene Bidace- Loan
Tim Iroegbunam- Loan
Aaron Ramsey- Loan

Forwards
Ollie Watkins
Danny Ings
Keinan Davis- Possibly Sell
Cameron Archer- Possibly Loan

Edited by messi11

Just now, sne said:

But we've signed Augustinsson since then.

Hmm, a loan for a back up LB. Not really what people thought we were going to be doing though… it’s a signing for sure. But let’s face it, many expected something a lot juicier. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m saying absolutely nothing about me possibly being right when I called us being done a few weeks back… 

Considering we've literally signed someone since then I probably would continue to say nothing about it if I were you.

• Like 4