Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I atill dont think the squads strong enough for a European  push. I think top ten at best unless we get a couple more in. I dont think watkins and ings will get us enough  goals thats the biggest concern i have right now and still feel that another cm is needed

• Like 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I also think our squad is very good. There’s a lot of unfulfilled potential in there and it’s up to the coaches to get that out now. With new players settled and a bit of luck with injuries, we might just have a very good season. For me that would be to be in the top half consistently and threaten the European places, at least spending parts of the season in them even if we don’t end up in Europe.

Agreed, we essentially had the season without Bailey / Traore in reality too. Buendia took a while to find his feet etc..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I atill dont think the squads strong enough for a European  push. I think top ten at best unless we get a couple more in. I dont think watkins and ings will get us enough  goals thats the biggest concern i have right now and still feel that another cm is needed

Compare the squad and Ings/Watkins to West Ham's Squad and Antonio.

Pick a starting 11 from both teams. Hopefully it'll give you abit of reassurance it is possible 

I’m happy but I don’t think we’re good enough to break that top 6. However I’d be happy with us just being in contention. Finishing 7th and a good cup run would be a great season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The squad should have challenged top 8 last season and have improved positions

European challenge isnt impossible 

• Like 4

I think for me the key word is consistency as our midfield has lacked this. If we can bring in a new CM that we know will be a constant 7/10 upwards then that will make a huge difference. 

I rate both Dougie and McGinn but the latter can be a bit up and down performance wise and we haven’t really seen Dougie as an 8 yet. Someone of real calibre coming in will mean their not guaranteed starters and will hopefully have to up their games. 

Obviously we also have the contracts situation as well. I’m hoping internally everything is sorted and we unaware of it but Luiz and Chuk both have ? Over their Villa future at the moment. Both sign on the dotted line and we bring in one more CM of real quality (Sanson is gone I think personally) and we’re cooking on gas IMHO. 

Looking really strong now but it just needs that number 8 to finish it off for the summer. 

BUT i think the 3 man central midfield picks itself still. 

If fit you can pretty much guarantee 

Ramsey  Kamara   McGinn. 

Get someone experienced in to push JJ and Meatball. 

57 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I also think our squad is very good. There’s a lot of unfulfilled potential in there and it’s up to the coaches to get that out now. With new players settled and a bit of luck with injuries, we might just have a very good season. For me that would be to be in the top half consistently and threaten the European places, at least spending parts of the season in them even if we don’t end up in Europe.

Buying players of 28/29 for £17-28m and paying them all over £20m each would suggest to me top half and a European challenge will be expected.

I would like at least 55 points and to like watching us. It's been a while.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The squad should have challenged top 8 last season and have improved positions

European challenge isnt impossible 

Its defintely not impossible for sure but i just dont think ollie and ings will getbus enough goals. Ollie and ings missed so many chances last season (ollie being the worst culprit)

If we can get other areas of the team to help than thats great.

Also we dont have much depth at rb unless we keep kesler around ehich ill be happy to do. Chambers is really not good at rb form when i saw it arsenal. I have alot of arsenal mates and they say he is a disaster there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, zak said:

Compare the squad and Ings/Watkins to West Ham's Squad and Antonio.

Pick a starting 11 from both teams. Hopefully it'll give you abit of reassurance it is possible 

West ham totally thumped us at home, and beat us away from home. I think they are better than us as it stands

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Looking really strong now but it just needs that number 8 to finish it off for the summer. 

BUT i think the 3 man central midfield picks itself still. 

If fit you can pretty much guarantee 

Ramsey  Kamara   McGinn. 

Get someone experienced in to push JJ and Meatball. 

I agree and it seems Gerrard does too. He was quoted last week saying he felt there wasn't enough of a challenge/competition for places and didn't want players becoming too comfortable. He was very careful how he worded it and I've probably butchered it completely--but you get my point.

• Like 1