Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Hickey  whether of the right quality or not is a first XI player. It is obvious who is our first choice.our 25 mill french left back Lucas Digne who if he carrries on the same form he ended last season in , will get about 15 assists. And that our first choice rb is Cash who was our player of the season. 

It isnt as simple as buying up all the talent. Its about utilising the talent once bought.  

This lad has been playing full seasons of football at a young age  . He is never going to come and sit on thebench for 75 percent of the season. 

Its the exact reason Targett left us. 

Ironically the best profile of back up for our full backs considering everything you've just said would be an older solid pro, who won't tear up trees but also won't be a liability and will accept being back up on either or both flanks. Someone like that signed a new deal this morning but it's not exciting news so not good enough for some people. 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He said it best. 

I just have the foresight unlike you to realise that limited activity this window and not fixing our issues once again will mean next season will be seen as yet another 'transition' season where we'll be stupidly inconsistent, frustrating and will ultimately end in disappointment once again. The life of a Villa fan I suppose, constant disappointment.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Hickey  whether of the right quality or not is a first XI player. It is obvious who is our first choice.our 25 mill french left back Lucas Digne who if he carrries on the same form he ended last season in , will get about 15 assists. And that our first choice rb is Cash who was our player of the season. 

It isnt as simple as buying up all the talent. Its about utilising the talent once bought.  

This lad has been playing full seasons of football at a young age  . He is never going to come and sit on thebench for 75 percent of the season. 

And probably the exact reason why Carney hasn’t signed his extension yet 

2 hours ago, grobs said:

I’m very worried that we’re not going to sign another CM. I feel like we’re 1 injury to kamara away from being poor again. Oh well at least we are re signing Ashley young 🙄

I think that Nakamba is more than capable as a backup. It’s not easy to find a better player to come and just sit on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I just have the foresight unlike you to realise that limited activity this window and not fixing our issues once again will mean next season will be seen as yet another 'transition' season where we'll be stupidly inconsistent, frustrating and will ultimately end in disappointment once again. The life of a Villa fan I suppose, constant disappointment.

It's 4th July. 

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It's like Carlos, Coutinho and Kamara don't exist.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We've signed 5 players

The moaning is boring 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are definitely nearly done. We might get one more through the door but that will be all. Finances are obviously being tightened a tiny bit in terms of transfer fees. I mean, £50-60 million so far isn’t to be sniffed at, and if we do get one more, let’s say that’s £80million. Not bad is it? 

Ashley Young signing for another season, whilst I love him, it’s not exactly representative of the super progressive/aggressive new style of play we were all hoping for with some ‘big’ name players in their prime, or close to it. 

For me it’s simple, the mega money just isn’t there. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tayls said:

We are definitely nearly done. We might get one more through the door but that will be all. Finances are obviously being tightened a tiny bit in terms of transfer fees. 

Ashley Young signing for another season, whilst I love him, it’s not exactly representative of the super progressive/aggressive new style of play we were all hoping for with some ‘big’ name players in their prime, or close to it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It's not buying up all the talent, it's having a squad that can compete in all competitions and with the five subs rule next season, injuries, suspensions etc Hickey would get plenty of games. As usual most equate it to being about the player not happy to come and sit on the bench when in reality I reckon the club just didn't want to spend a significant amount of money on a squad player even though it is what is needed for us to be competitive. Ashley Young was not good in most games he played last season apart from a couple of assists early on when Gerrard came in. 

I'm more concerned however that they are happy with the first 11 as it is now and we won't see any upgrades to CM or ST which means Watkins and McGinn playing every minute of every game again.

This isn’t me claiming to be ITK or anything but for what it’s worth, where I work I speak to a couple of the agents when we cross paths. They did say last week that Villa will push on with business from about 2 weeks from then, they couldn’t give me names or anything but they have said some of the deals we want are going to take a bit of time. 

There that’s all the info I can get I’m afraid 😂, let’s just be a bit patient and see what happens. Preseason is here to distract us a little bit.

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We are definitely nearly done. We might get one more through the door but that will be all. Finances are obviously being tightened a tiny bit in terms of transfer fees. I mean, £50-60 million so far isn’t to be sniffed at, and if we do get one more, let’s say that’s £80million. Not bad is it? 

We've spent 45m and brought in c. 20m. Our net spend so far is 25m and we finished 14th. Really not enough at all to improve considerably which is what I thought the plan was next season.

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm whatever you want me to be. 👌

Well you certainly are not someone who shares proper opinions thats for sure. I don’t even think you actually read the posts…

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

It's not buying up all the talent, it's having a squad that can compete in all competitions and with the five subs rule next season, injuries, suspensions etc Hickey would get plenty of games. As usual most equate it to being about the player not happy to come and sit on the bench when in reality I reckon the club just didn't want to spend a significant amount of money on a squad player even though it is what is needed for us to be competitive. Ashley Young was not good in most games he played last season apart from a couple of assists early on when Gerrard came in. 

I'm more concerned however that they are happy with the first 11 as it is now and we won't see any upgrades to CM or ST which means Watkins and McGinn playing every minute of every game again.

Martinez

Cash   Carlos   Mings   Digne

Kamara

McGinn      Ramsey

Buendia   Watkins   Coutinho

Would like to see a possible rotation/replacement for SJM at CM but other than that I am delighted with our first 11 thanks. 

Off the bench we have countless options. 

We DON'T need an upgrade at striker, nor are there any available that would come to us that would materially be an upgrade on Watkins or Ings.