Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Depay is going for a low fee, he'll probably have a lot of teams after him as well but I wouldn't mind him at Villa depending on his wages though

Depay depending on da pay? 😁

I'll pass. He's going to be expensive coming from Barcelona, and if you look at his record, he's bossed in the Eredivisie and Ligue 1, but was somewhat ordinary in La Liga while playing on one of the best teams in it. Wouldn't risk him here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I reckon 30m+ and he’s gone. 

Not with McGinn. He played 90 minutes every game no matter how crap he was. Gerrard is a huge fan

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I'll pass. He's going to be expensive coming from Barcelona, and if you look at his record, he's bossed in the Eredivisie and Ligue 1, but was somewhat ordinary in La Liga while playing on one of the best teams in it. Wouldn't risk him here.

Avoid players who have alternative careers as rappers or street wear designers.

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Dont mind them Kortney, we still like you at Villa 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I guess that makes sense that a lot of teams have passed on signing him before Barca

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What if they're side gigging as country singers or high end suit vendors?

52 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Still got 12 goals in 20 starts for Barca. Not sure what's his issue with them, but his goal return at least has been very good for them.

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not with McGinn. He played 90 minutes every game no matter how crap he was. Gerrard is a huge fan

I don't remember you being anywhere near as critical of Mcginn under Smith who also played him every single minute of every match whenever he was available regardless of form. Gee, I wonder why.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't remember you being anywhere near as critical of Mcginn under Smith who also played him every single minute of every match whenever he was available. Gee, I wonder why.

Except I have been calling for Sanson to replace him since he walked in the door. Before that McGinn had no competition 

Try to invent a conspiracy all you like, its laughable 

6 hours ago, useless said:

Much interest in Trezeguet according to his agent, six goals and four assists in thirteen appearances at Istanbul Basaksehir FK so been a good loan spell for him, but just one year left on his contract, so we won't be getting a lot of money for him, still he's been more than worth whatever it is we paid for him.

I've read inflation in Turkey is up 73%

That means we can sell Trez for $30million now right? 🧐

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Usually these people on Twitter contradict themselves in separate Tweets but doing it in a single Tweet is a new one for me 'Yves Bissouma is no longer on the list. Villa have moved on' quickly followed by 'Yves Bissouma may also be targeted again'. Well done Greg!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Still got 12 goals in 20 starts for Barca. Not sure what's his issue with them, but his goal return at least has been very good for them.

Yes, but only 8 were in open play. He's averaged roughly 0.38 non-penalty goals per 90 the last two seasons and 0.35 non-penalty xG per 90 as well. In other words, he's not all that different than what we have. Just a bigger name and salary.

6 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Somewhat relieved, to be honest. Wasn't comfortable with the idea considering the allegations of assault against him. 

Relieved with what? that we are no longer interested or that we may target him again after having a Jan bid rejected? :)

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we go into the new season with the same midfield + Kamara I'd not just be worried but i'd be very very worried.

The plan is clearly to have Kamara controlling the midfield himself while Ramsey and McGinn move higher up. If Kamara is alone in midfield we’ll also get rid of misplaced passes, since he’ll have no one to pass to. Just hope he doesn’t get injured easily.