Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Bizarre take!  Not been a great season like the rest of the team has up and downs. Still has a goal/goal assist every 146 mins.  In a chop/change front line, significant bench time and first season at the club there is no way he’s been a flop.  Not had a consistent run in the same position and changed systems up front he’s still got involved.  He could’ve and should’ve done more but a flop, not in the slightest.

He was excellent for Burnley and Southampton, I was expecting him to take that form in to our team but it just hasn’t happened like that. Flop is a bit harsh perhaps but he’s at an age where he’s only going to decline. Nick76, you’re always quick to put down one of my posts. Our fans were so excited when we first signed him, me included but he just hasn’t performed to his maximum. He also doesn’t give 100% for the team in my opinion, when I watch him, he doesn’t bust a gut, he just ambles and he’s here for one last pay day

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s my biggest worry about Kamara, I think he’ll be fantastic but may take time to settle.  My worry though is that people having being dying for a DM, they think he’s going to solve all the problems and he’s not.  The over expectation will mean he almost doesn’t have a chance, I hope I’m wrong because I think he’s a talent.  I’m hoping we get a Bissouma type alongside to bear some of weight of expectation and responsibility.  We have to remember Kamara is a talented DM not a miracle worker.

This is why we need to sign Bissouma or Phillips as well.

• Like 1

Ings topped the list for assists, he’s just as hardworking IMO. Probably should have scored a lot more but he’s a very intelligent footballer. Injuries haven’t helped him be a consistent starter either. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Considering the excitement when Ings was signed, doesn't fans in general have too high expectations about other clubs' players?

If/when Villa sign a 20+ goal striker from Bundesliga or Ligue 1 the excitement will again be huge, only to fade when said striker scores 7-8 goals in his first Prem season.

It always happens and then the fans get on the player’s back, causing his confidence to be affected and then the player moves to another club

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Shit source but here’s the twitter link you guys wanted 😂. I’m sure we were linked with him and another midfielder that’s Belgian(can’t remember his name) the summer before relegation.

Fake news. No Liverpool connection 😉

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Shit source but here’s the twitter link you guys wanted 😂. I’m sure we were linked with him and another midfielder that’s Belgian(can’t remember his name) the summer before relegation.

Was it Steven Defour? Or Axel Witsel?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was excellent for Burnley and Southampton, I was expecting him to take that form in to our team but it just hasn’t happened like that.

I was hoping that too but I don’t think he’s been any worse than anybody else, probably just middle of the road.  I think a run of games, in the same style under the same tactics may have helped but he wasn’t the worst and wasn’t the best.  It’s not as if this team creates loads of chances either.

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Nick76, you’re always quick to put down one of my posts.

I have no issue with you, I just post against anybody that I disagree with the post or agree with the post.  I don’t care who the poster is.  Sorry you feel I pick on you, maybe we just generally have different opinions on this forum hence we oppose in debates.

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our fans were so excited when we first signed him, me included but he just hasn’t performed to his maximum.

Our fans always over expect on players and why I’m worried for Kamara as per my post 10 minutes ago on this thread.

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He also doesn’t give 100% for the team in my opinion, when I watch him, he doesn’t bust a gut, he just ambles and he’s here for one last pay day

Can’t agree with this! You’re entitled to your opinion but I can’t agree.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Won't come if Beale leaves #maybenotintheknow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Aston Villa are interested in Sergany Darder, a Espanyol player, and are considering a 25 M € bid (variables included). Your contract expires in 2023. #AVFC 🇪🇦✅

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It’s my biggest worry about Kamara, I think he’ll be fantastic but may take time to settle.  My worry though is that people having being dying for a DM, they think he’s going to solve all the problems and he’s not.  The over expectation will mean he almost doesn’t have a chance, I hope I’m wrong because I think he’s a talent.  I’m hoping we get a Bissouma type alongside to bear some of weight of expectation and responsibility.  We have to remember Kamara is a talented DM not a miracle worker.

This right here...  A DM isn't going to suddenly make us world beaters going forward or stop teams from cutting open our exposed wings on the counter.  

• Like 3