Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, Lochheads twin said:

Although I was against it at the time, I now see why the club has changed its position on the 5 substitutions limit.

This will allow us, to keep a big squad happy and still progress some of the youngsters!

if only we had been able to bring on a fresh engine room against Citeh! Almost like special teams in the NFL!

UTV

I've always been an advocate for it mate, i've never understood why some people are so against it.

The argument is that " It helps the big teams with World Class squads " , but those team already have better first teams than us anyway!

Also, it helps teams like us, against " lesser teams " and because we have a plethora of young and creative players which all offer something different.

Also, injuries, a player simply not coping etc during a game and/or needing to change tactics will be helped IMO/

1 hour ago, useless said:

Steer, Kalinic, Hause, Guilbert, Targett, Luiz, Sanson, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Traore, and Ings should raise about £100m.

Very optimistic that. I lose track on values but Steer and Kalinic will go for practically zero. Indeed we might need to pay off his wages for him to go. Hause 3-5mil, Gilbert 2-5 mil, Targets 10 mil, Luiz 15-20m, Sanson 7-10mil, El ghazi will have to be paid to leave. Might get 2mil from somewhere, Trezeguet likewise, Traore might get 7-10mil. Ings 15-20m

60 -80mil maximum I guess. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be shocked if we kept the attacking set-up unchanged this summer, except for maybe taking in Suarez as an option.

We’re making big changes at centre-back with possibly two new in there, plus maybe LB cover and Kamara plus maybe one more midfielder who can play 6 or 8.

Isn’t it possible SG sees that as enough change for one window? Adding a new starting striker as well would make it 5-6 new outfield players in the starting XI. Plus Coutinho, Buendia and Digne are relatively new as it is, and Bailey hasn’t settled yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

Very optimistic that. I lose track on values but Steer and Kalinic will go for practically zero. Indeed we might need to pay off his wages for him to go. Hause 3-5mil, Gilbert 2-5 mil, Targets 10 mil, Luiz 15-20m, Sanson 7-10mil, El ghazi will have to be paid to leave. Might get 2mil from somewhere, Trezeguet likewise, Traore might get 7-10mil. Ings 15-20m

60 -80mil maximum I guess. 

Also not sure he’ll be selling a few of those like Ings or even Luiz, which is half the total value.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if we kept the attacking set-up unchanged this summer, except for maybe taking in Suarez as an option.

We’re making big changes at centre-back with possibly two new in there, plus maybe LB cover and Kamara plus maybe one more midfielder who can play 6 or 8.

Isn’t it possible SG sees that as enough change for one window? Adding a new starting striker as well would make it 5-6 new outfield players in the starting XI. Plus Coutinho, Buendia and Digne are relatively new as it is, and Bailey hasn’t settled yet.

There has been rumours for ages that he wants a striker so I’d be surprised if one didn’t come. Still think it’s definitely Suarez coming.

There is no way that Danny Ings will be sold without a viable replacement coming in.   Imagine Watkins getting badly injured in the first game of the season?  No way will  Archer or Davis be asked to step up just yet.  If Ings does go, for say, Bissouma, we will most definitely be bringing in another striker.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

There has been rumours for ages that he wants a striker so I’d be surprised if one didn’t come. Still think it’s definitely Suarez coming.

Yeah I guess Suarez is likely. I just hope the amount of change isn’t too much, with potentially Beale leaving, and we end up with another transition season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah I guess Suarez is likely. I just hope the amount of change isn’t too much, with potentially Beale leaving, and we end up with another transition season.

He’s buying players for now so I think it would be hard to argue it’s a transitional season even though it may end up like that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can any of our finance gurus tell us how we are doing, and howuch more we might be able to spend?

Kamara - FREE (Big wages )

Carlos - 26 mill apparently ( Surely big wages )

I read somewhere that, the sale of Jack probably really kicks in FFP wise this season, meaning we can spend quite a bit?

So say is we cap our spending at 100 mill ( Bissouma and Bassey in for example )

Plus can pull in 30 - 40 mill, we still look good financially, going forward?

It doesn't work like that.

We can lose a certain amount of money over a 3 year period.

Players have amortization values. so you sign someone for 30m on a three year deal for FFP purposes that is 10m per year.
When you sell a player there is no amortisation over a period you have to take their value from the accounts so say you sell the 30m player after a year for 30m again that counts as a 10m profit as he has already had a year at the club counted.
If you sell a player you never brought like jack its a pure profit for the accounts.
Also just to spin your brain more... say that 30m player signs a new 5 year deal after 1 year into his original contract that 20m value left then gets divided by 5 so it then costs 4m a year for FFP giving you more room to spend.

Theres even more than can be said but that's the basics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am predicting now this will be a terrible summer based on the multiple links 

All gpod players but need an actual manager to blend them together but I think Mings will be sold who is the real heart of Aston Villa 

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It doesn't work like that.

We can lose a certain amount of money over a 3 year period.

Players have amortization values. so you sign someone for 30m on a three year deal for FFP purposes that is 10m per year.
When you sell a player there is no amortisation over a period you have to take their value from the accounts so say you sell the 30m player after a year for 30m again that counts as a 10m profit as he has already had a year at the club counted.
If you sell a player you never brought like jack its a pure profit for the accounts.
Also just to spin your brain more... say that 30m player signs a new 5 year deal after 1 year into his original contract that 20m value left then gets divided by 5 so it then costs 4m a year for FFP giving you more room to spend.

Theres even more than can be said but that's the basics

Didn’t know that about renewing contracts, thanks. Wages play a big role for FFP too — if Villa get rid of three players who were on 30k per week and bring in three players on 130k, it increases costs with 15m per year.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am predicting now this will be a terrible summer based on the multiple links 

All gpod players but need an actual manager to blend them together but I think Mings will be sold who is the real heart of Aston Villa 

I’m predicting you’ll have a terrible summer.  Most people will probably quite enjoy it, but each to their own. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m predicting you’ll have a terrible summer.  Most people will probably quite enjoy it, but each to their own. 

They might enjoy the signings and be a great summer but no games are played in summer

I remember the 2015, 2013 even 2019 great transfer Windows even 2021 we won the transfer market 

Do you think I want us to fail? FFS grow up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They might enjoy the signings and be a great summer but no games are played in summer

I remember the 2015, 2013 even 2019 great transfer Windows even 2021 we won the transfer market 

Do you think I want us to fail? FFS grow up

No, you seem to want the manager to fail, which is just as bad.

Edited, seemed too harsh originally.

Edited by Mister_a

4 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

No, you seem to want the manager to fail, which is just as bad.

Edited, seemed too harsh originally.

I dont want him to fail. I would love if he was successful

I know he will fail thats the problem, he is so out of his depth

• Haha 3