Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Suarez finishes the season as Atletico’s top scorer with 13 goals...10 of those from 25 starts...

Undecided on him really...but when I think of a player who has a strong and winning mentality on the pitch he’s up there...

Games like today do make me wonder if this is a punt Gerrard might take...

The type of player to help us lose the ‘soft’ tag...

Ive knicked this from Misha on Facebook.

Bare in mind, I ain't seen Suarez play for a year if not more.

However, based on how DONE I've seen some people on here say he is, this is interesting?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

"lack of foundation", Mr Jamaican.

She's a monster that woman Camille 😂

Ample match for another, less.convincing monster 😂.

The Tik Tok clips and mashups of " My dog stepped on a bee " won't get old any time soon lmao

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

She's a monster that woman Camille 😂

Ample match for another, less.convincing monster 😂.

The Tik Tok clips and mashups of " My dog stepped on a bee " won't get old any time soon lmao

lol ye i saw that!

(without glasses, i cannot see!)......

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, based on how DONE I've seen some people on here say he is, this is interesting?

In a slower paced league he hasn't got the fitness to play 90 minutes anymore, Simeone left him on the bench for their CL ties and bigger La Liga games so no chance if we signed him he'd be a regular starter, more guy off the bench for last 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In a slower paced league he hasn't got the fitness to play 90 minutes anymore, Simeone left him on the bench for their CL ties and bigger La Liga games so no chance if we signed him he'd be a regular starter, more guy off the bench for last 20 minutes. 

Out of likes, but fair play.

Really known nothing of.hik for the past year or so.

I know when he first went to Atletico he was banging them in though.

Personally would want someone younger and more energetic, but in as an experienced head on reasonable wages a a striking mentor who knows?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Out of likes, but fair play.

Really known nothing of.hik for the past year or so.

I know when he first went to Atletico he was banging them in though.

Personally would want someone younger and more energetic, but in as an experienced head on reasonable wages a a striking mentor who knows?

We could do worse certainly as been it done it type who could bring Archer on at the training ground and during games.

Something going badly wrong if we sign him and he starts 30 games next season though as he simply isn't capable of that anymore, wouldn't be far off Benteke getting replaced by Gestede.

Also he'll be playing in his final world cup in the middle so wouldn't be that effective during the winter months.

Open mind on this one I think considering it would be short term move to hopefully get one of the established strikers to sharpen up a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

13 total, in the league he has 11 goals which is the same as Watkins (but with less minutes played tbf)

My concern is that even though his finishing skills may still be excellent, his pace and movement isn’t the same. He looks a lot less mobile this season, and if that trend continues I’d expect him to struggle coming back to a more fast paced league.

Could surely be a good sub but not start most games, maybe used the same way Milan have used Ibrahimovic lately. As a mean, slightly scary old man.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

11 goals and 3 assists in 1830 mins of playing time so 20 full games.

13 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He doesn't have the pace anymore for this league.. Wouldn't be a god idea.

My thinking too. I think he can still pop up with goals no doubt but I don’t think he’s going to cut it in this league 

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

My thinking too. I think he can still pop up with goals no doubt but I don’t think he’s going to cut it in this league 

As a starter for 90 mins no but to play 60 or coming on as a sub he is probably still fine. 
I’ve no doubt he will score but we may end up with the same issue Utd have had with Ronaldo he scores but can’t press anymore and therefore others must make up for him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As a starter for 90 mins no but to play 60 or coming on as a sub he is probably still fine. 
I’ve no doubt he will score but we may end up with the same issue Utd have had with Ronaldo he scores but can’t press anymore and therefore others must make up for him. 

I’ve not watched him play in years but you watch his highlight videos and he’s lost his pace for sure. His influence on the team could be huge and I think that would be the most attractive thing about the signing

Could Luis Suarez come on and score some goals for us in a super sub role and occasional 60-minute starter? Sure, he's Luis Suarez. Should a super sub who sometimes gives us 60 minutes be our target this summer? Not if our ambitions are truly to compete for Europe. I like Ollie and I like Ings. But they're essentially league average strikers. We need to upgrade there just like we need to upgrade a lot of areas, but we're also stronger there than other areas, so maybe Suarez is the best option for now.

Or maybe we get Bobby Firmino.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Could Luis Suarez come on and score some goals for us in a super sub role and occasional 60-minute starter? Sure, he's Luis Suarez. Should a super sub who sometimes gives us 60 minutes be our target this summer? Not if our ambitions are truly to compete for Europe. I like Ollie and I like Ings. But they're essentially league average strikers. We need to upgrade there just like we need to upgrade a lot of areas, but we're also stronger there than other areas, so maybe Suarez is the best option for now.

Or maybe we get Bobby Firmino.

Not if we want to score goals.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Says who?

Says Tammy.

Im sure when there were links to him around the end of last season and Villa fans were singing his name he posted some patronising thanks but no thanks Instagram post in which he kind of said cheers for the memories and wished us luck for the future.

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Says Tammy.

Im sure when there were links to him around the end of last season and Villa fans were singing his name he posted some patronising thanks but no thanks Instagram post in which he kind of said cheers for the memories and wished us luck for the future.

I am sure that he never publicly said he didn't want to come here last summer. I am not saying he did want to come just that no one can say he didn't.

Seeing as people are going on about strikers and I am bored I decided to start looking for some I came up with this lot that MIGHT be good enough and we have ANY chance of getting......

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/amine-gouiri/profil/spieler/418659
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hugo-ekitike/profil/spieler/709726
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/karim-adeyemi/profil/spieler/496094
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/darwin-nunez/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/546543
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrik-schick/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/242086
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominic-calvert-lewin/profil/spieler/306024

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tammy-abraham/profil/spieler/331726

Fee's for most of them would be crazy and I am not even that sure on some of them. Schick's record for example is all over the place.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I am sure that he never publicly said he didn't want to come here last summer. I am not saying he did want to come just that no one can say he didn't.

He wouldn’t have been so blatant as to say that but the sentiment was very much as I’ve described above. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yes thats a pretty shocking total for a top team. 4 goals in 2022 and his shit form is why Atletico went from champions to fifteen points behind Real Madrid

they never played him in the Champions League knockout games when needed a goal