Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Doucoure

When he left Watford I thought we should take a look at him but that was just after squeaking staying in the league, and he was 2 years younger....

He hasn't overly impressed at Everton and I don't think he would be worth pursuing  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, paul514 said:

DCL - 3 years left just turned 25, he is a good striker and I would definitely enquire if they went down. I don't think interest would be quite as high but I would be happy for us to sell a forward and bring in DCL

I really don't rate DCL as a striker.  Last season he scored loads but if you look at his goals an awful lot of them were lucky finishes - missed the header went in off his shoulder type goals.  He's really struggled this season because he hasn't had luck on his side (plus injuries).  Some players (Rush, Lineker, etc) earn their luck through their exceptional reading of the game which means that they have an inherent knack of just always being in the right place at the right time - their luck isn't luck at all it is skill.  DCL doesn't read the game well at all - he's often on the wrong side of the defender, not attacking where the ball is likely to go.  He certainly wouldn't be an upgrade on either Ings or Ollie.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, allani said:

I really don't rate DCL as a striker.  Last season he scored loads but if you look at his goals an awful lot of them were lucky finishes - missed the header went in off his shoulder type goals.  He's really struggled this season because he hasn't had luck on his side (plus injuries).  Some players (Rush, Lineker, etc) earn their luck through their exceptional reading of the game which means that they have an inherent knack of just always being in the right place at the right time - their luck isn't luck at all it is skill.  DCL doesn't read the game well at all - he's often on the wrong side of the defender, not attacking where the ball is likely to go.  He certainly wouldn't be an upgrade on either Ings or Ollie.

16 last year 13 the year before.... He has been injured for most of this season. He is basically a 1 in 3 target man who has just turned 25, Ings doesn't have it to play as a lone striker he plays in a 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I think it is time to ask this question.....

Norwich and Watford are gone. One of Leeds/Everton or Burnley will go.....

Are there any players you think we should consider signing?

I quite like the look of Mathias Normann Norwegian DM @ Norwich and on loan from Rostov … Oh and Ismailia  Sarr, but not sure where he’d fit in… if Leeds drop them outside the obvious Pascal Struijk is a player I think will go on to bigger things if he irons out the kinks in his game. 

We should bid for Rashica, get into face to face negotiations with him and then pull out saying we don’t buy players that get relegated.

Glad we didn’t buy him! Wouldn’t join us because he didn’t want to get into a relegation fight. Bit of karma he then gets relegated by a Villa team 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We should bid for Rashica, get into face to face negotiations with him and then pull out saying we don’t buy players that get relegated.

Glad we didn’t buy him! Wouldn’t join us because he didn’t want to get into a relegation fight. Bit of karma he then gets relegated by a Villa team 😂😂😂

Also relegated two seasons running now … Oh what a vertout sliding doors moment for him … 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

About time we get a striker good on crosses.

Yeah we need to put Faith in him.  Get Christian to buy him.  To be fair it’d be a Miracle if he agreed to join us after playing CL football, it’s not as if he need to resurrect his career is it.

😂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah we need to put Faith in him.  Get Christian to buy him.  To be fair it’d be a Miracle if he agreed to join us after playing CL football, it’s not as if he need to resurrect his career is it.

😂

If only Jesus Gil was still here … he’d be able to perform a miracle and reel in and capture a big fish with little dough 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I quite like the look of Mathias Normann Norwegian DM @ Norwich and on loan from Rostov … Oh and Ismailia  Sarr, but not sure where he’d fit in… if Leeds drop them outside the obvious Pascal Struijk is a player I think will go on to bigger things if he irons out the kinks in his game. 

From what I have seen he isn't good enough and the amount of goals they have conceded, eek!

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think Richarlison would be interesting fit for us for one of the wide forward positions.

Guy has his critics but he's a nuisance and despite it being a below par season he's still managed 9 league goals and can get a team up the pitch with his pace and workrate on the left so feels like the type of attacker we need to spark us up a bit in final third.

However you'd imagine some europa teams and odd CL team would be interested and he'd be 40m +.

We dont play wide forwards 😂😂

We have capable wide forwards who cant get game time in the position 

1 hour ago, allani said:

He would suit Burnley down to a tee or maybe a back up option for West Ham.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We dont play wide forwards 😂😂

We have capable wide forwards who cant get game time in the position 

Everton actually played him as CF last few games. Don't think that's his best position at all but he is pressing from the front in manner Watkins was last season. I think he could be more effective in the role Ings has been shoehorned into this season anyway.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Normann has been mentioned in the last day in the players that are rubbish thread

2 hours ago, allani said:

I always thought he was one of the worst regular-starting centre forwards in the league until he had a couple of seasons when he was on fire and looked a completely different player. Before that he worked hard but never showed any real quality. Jury is out which one is the “real” DCL.

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Doesn't require the antonym Sam. It is unnecessary to take the piss out of a major part of someone's faith.

And what if you believe it's all made up bullshit?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1