Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I think people are going to be shocked about the deadwood players we can sell this summer.  Except Targett and maybe Guilbert I cant see many bids for Trezeguet or Anwar

To raise big money we will have to sell a first team player I think

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think people are going to be shocked about the deadwood players we can sell this summer.  Except Targett and maybe Guilbert I cant see many bids for Trezeguet or Anwar

I think Trez will actually fetch more than Anwar, which is bizarre when you think about it.

Thing is, what Trez lacks in ability, he makes up for in effort and ability. So I can see Managers loving him for that.

We might not be able to sell Anwar for more than a couple million, which given his actual ability when on form, is disheartening.

We either couldn't move them on last summer, or chose not to. A full year of not playing isn't going to have done either Trez or El Ghazi's valuation any good. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up loaning them out just to get some of their wages paid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We either couldn't move them on last summer, or chose not to. A full year of not playing isn't going to have done either Trez or El Ghazi's valuation any good. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up loaning them out just to get some of their wages paid.

Trez is out on loan and is doing pretty well, we won't have any problem selling him. Might not get much mind!

7 minutes ago, picicata said:

Trez is out on loan and is doing pretty well, we won't have any problem selling him. Might not get much mind!

Ha. Somehow, I completely missed that we'd sent him out, glad he's doing well!

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ha. Somehow, I completely missed that we'd sent him out, glad he's doing well!

In fairness I only know because of the hard work put in by certain posters in the Loan thread.

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That’s fine as some of our first team players aren’t good enough for where we want to be anyway.

I wouldn’t mind us selling one of McGinn or Luiz and one of Mings or Konsa.

4 hours ago, Dale said:

I'd be shook and pissed off if Gerrard took the captaincy off Mings. The bloke makes me proud of the club and is a genuine leader in a way that very very few individuals are. Him and Henderson are the two folks that come to mind in terms of captains in this league. 

I like Mings and think he is a really good vocal organizer and is essential from that perspective for sure.  Our defense struggles without him as they are quiet.  However, I also think he struggles with concentration at times and rushes of blood at others, especially when things aren't going well.  And his habit of dropping off and playing like a second goalkeeper costs us goals, when he should be attacking the ball and closing down.  A captain (leader) needs to be the one who keeps his head when all around him is chaos.  I'm not certain that we can say that about Mings.  The best two captains that I've seen at the Villa were Dennis Mortimer and Kevin Richardson.  Neither were especially vocal but vocal enough, and they were consistency personified.  Having said all that, we don't really have anyone in the squad right now that seems like a better option than Mings.  

14 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

I like Mings and think he is a really good vocal organizer and is essential from that perspective for sure.  Our defense struggles without him as they are quiet.  However, I also think he struggles with concentration at times and rushes of blood at others, especially when things aren't going well.  And his habit of dropping off and playing like a second goalkeeper costs us goals, when he should be attacking the ball and closing down.  A captain (leader) needs to be the one who keeps his head when all around him is chaos.  I'm not certain that we can say that about Mings.  The best two captains that I've seen at the Villa were Dennis Mortimer and Kevin Richardson.  Neither were especially vocal but vocal enough, and they were consistency personified.  Having said all that, we don't really have anyone in the squad right now that seems like a better option than Mings.  

Yeah I feel Mings is a leader in so many ways that is to be admired but I don’t think he’s the best football captain on the pitch.  He’s certainly the defence leader and vocal but for every facet on the pitch you need of a captain, front to back, with the ref, when you need those other captain traits I feel he doesn’t quite have them.  I don’t think we’ve had one at the club for ages.

Edited by nick76

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasn't Aubameyang Arsenal captain and was a disgrace 

The point was he clearly needed a change of club. When you're taking a player from another club and know he'll do well for.you despite not doing well at that time for his current club.

So he wasn't doing well for Arsenal and do Barcelona care? They got him on a free and he's doing great for them. They've won massively from this.

We could do the same with Wijnaldum or Suarez. Both hopefully.

Or we can just sign younger players who are in proven Inthe Premier League. More of the same please. Bailey make thanks we'll have him 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep. Why bother supporting us. Everything is bad always forever

Edited by CVByrne

Just now, CVByrne said:

Do you ever cheer up or post anything that could be considered positive? Endless depressing comments daily. Every day of the week. Never seen anything positive you've posted ever. About anything

I used too all the time. Changed 6 months ago when the club changed policy so Purslow could hire his buddy

What a coincidence 🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A new spine required as we are so lacking in one 

Is anyone still in doubt that we need several new players if we are to compete in the top half of the league? Tinkering around the edges has never been good enough. 

• Haha 1