Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another big game Suarez didn't get near the pitch. Has hardly started recently and unsurprisingly Atletico form has improved

Considering Atletico's complete lack of attacking threat, they may have been better off with Suarez.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There is no point playing Suarez when he's leaving at end of the season. Athletico building for the future

He’s leaving because they don’t want him anymore. If Simeone believed he could be useful he would have played yesterday.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’s leaving because they don’t want him anymore. If Simeone believed he could be useful he would have played yesterday.

Same to be said about Coutinho at Barcelona. Suarez would do a good job here

• Like 1

Trez, AEG, Guilbert, Davis, Traore, Targett, Luiz, Chukwuemeka, Konsa/Hause - So 9 players to be sold, 10 if you include Hourihane contract expiring. 

Added will be Coutinho and Olsen, LB, CB, CDM and a CF. That's my guess

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There is no point playing Suarez when he's leaving at end of the season. Athletico building for the future

Was a Champions League quarter final, if they felt he could offer something he would have been involved

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a Champions League quarter final, if they felt he could offer something he would have been involved

Clearly an error as they had no shots at all on goal. Or the plan was to have no shots and just defend in which case Suarez not needed for the day

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I don’t think many people realise Suarez’s legs suddenly went. The guy can hardly move anymore. 

• Like 1

Not an on the pitch transfer but I hope our owners are monitoring the Chelsea situation as I would be happy to dump Purslow and bring in Marina to replace him. She isnt on the sanctions list and would be a statement of intent

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Suarez from years ago, maybe even from last season would do a job here. But I think everyone that watches spanish football (i do not) agree that his legs have gone. To be fair to Suarez, there are not many 35 year old strikers that are still delivering in the top leagues. 

Wouldn't be totally against Suarez coming, if we sell either ings or watkins and he is only used as a bit player and brought in more for the backroom stuff.  Kind of like an ashley young signing, as long as he is not getting in the way of developing youngsters. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Suarez from years ago, maybe even from last season would do a job here. But I think everyone that watches spanish football (i do not) agree that his legs have gone. To be fair to Suarez, there are not many 35 year old strikers that are still delivering in the top leagues. 

Wouldn't be totally against Suarez coming, if we sell either ings or watkins and he is only used as a bit player and brought in more for the backroom stuff.  Kind of like an ashley young signing, as long as he is not getting in the way of developing youngsters. 

Suarez is like a less dynamic version of Ronaldo now, if we signed him we would need to play him as a poacher with another striker to do his work rate

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

If we sort out the midfield, then Watkins and Ings with possibly Archer coming through will hopefully score plenty of goals.  If we consider Bailey as a goal threat, if he can keep fit, then I don’t think we’ll see many incoming attacking players. Big dosh spent on central midfield and possibly central defence. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

He also has 11 goals in 29 games this season despite not starting a lot of them. 21 in 32 the season before that. The reason he doesn’t play is because he called Simeone an asshole in the public eye. 

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If we sort out the midfield, then Watkins and Ings with possibly Archer coming through will hopefully score plenty of goals.  If we consider Bailey as a goal threat, if he can keep fit, then I don’t think we’ll see many incoming attacking players. Big dosh spent on central midfield and possibly central defence. 

Agreed. Even though Ings and Watkins have not had fantastic seasons, they are both proven quality and should do the job (Players have dip in forms and lack confidence from time to time, which is clearly the issue for Watkins, with an extremely over the top reaction from the fans towards him and his performances). I do not see buying a striker as a priority at all. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

He also has 11 goals in 29 games this season despite not starting a lot of them. 21 in 32 the season before that. The reason he doesn’t play is because he called Simeone an asshole in the public eye. 

And he called him an asshole because Simeone wouldn’t play him, since he’s no longer performing well enough.

https://talksport.com/football/1005903/luis-suarez-curses-atletico-madrid-boss-diego-simeone/amp/

It's the question about the formation which needs answering. If 4 3 3 is not returning then players like Bailey have no future with the club

Of 4 3 2 1 is going to be the go to then we will struggle as Watkins isn't the goal scorer needed at top of the formation

So many questions need answering

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Hasn't he stopped scoring? And generally running round whilst on the pitch?

And then there's the biting.

And the racism.

I'm not sure Suarez would be a good idea at all

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

That's more than I thought to be fair.