Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Just reminded me of the United cup game. He can not play in transition. At a low block to see out the game as part of the lead - that's fine.

But he is a horror show in the open field and contributed to all 3 goals and countless more attacks by Legia.

This was the one transfer that I thought was baffling we didn't complete. We can not expect Cash to play 50 games at RB. Maybe if Diego comes back then Konsa can take some spells, but it's hardly an ideal solution.

• Like 3

I thought Chambers looked useful as a centre back in pre-season as his standard of passing is quite good. But by heck that was a terrible performance today, he just hasn't got the pace or positional ability for right back. His positioning when he was about 15 yards away from his man is the sort of thing you see in non league football when the player has been out on the piss the night before and is trying to keep up with a 17 year old forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think we can play Chambers except for seeing out a lead in a low block. He is unplayable for me in Unai's system.

2 CB injuries and no additional RB has pushed him in the starting XI but this is a bright red flag that we need anyone else that can play RB besides Cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Shouldn't be starting for us in either position IMO - very poor in both.

Agree, he is not good enough in reality. At his best he is a lower level PL player/upper championship player. He is a useful utility player off the bench, but should not be starting games for us.

• Like 1

He makes you realise how dynamic Cash is (with his wasteful flaws of course). 

Some of it could be lack of match fitness but he looked miles off the speed and intensity that other teams are going to be bringing. 

At times it came across as so casual that he's one of them players who's very good at football but it's just a job to them. 

Bad day at the office either way. 

17 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

utmost respect for Emery and his judgment, but it’s tough to square that with his trust in chambers for a game like this, must be one hell of a practice player 

To be fair - Chambers only started 2 games last year. Unai doesn’t trust him as a starter but he’s down two CB’s with no other RB and a tight window of games. 

A combination of injury and an odd transfer window. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Who would we rather have played today Chambers or Young? Mad.

Emery hasn't made many mistakes, that may be one.

Young but this is also the same Young that got turned inside out by home Leon Bailey

well, considering my comments on him, on 4th August.....that performance was a shot below the belt.

did he have a stomach upset or something.....his defending never represented a Pro Defender, his positioning was amateurish.

OMG.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

He makes you realise how dynamic Cash is (with his wasteful flaws of course). 

Some of it could be lack of match fitness but he looked miles off the speed and intensity that other teams are going to be bringing. 

At times it came across as so casual that he's one of them players who's very good at football but it's just a job to them. 

Bad day at the office either way. 

I would be surprised, with all the sophisticated data and analytical resource....that we would still succumb to that.

However, I have no better idea for the reason for that ****show of defending.

Â