Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oi where’s my credit, I said the same ;)

yes, you most certainly did, confucius......and JV has been banging the same drum for ages.

just whisper it quiety.....it was so bloomin obvious, it was frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing. As impressive as boubs passing stats are, it means nothing of the rest of the team cant pass for shit e.g mcginn. Its absolutely vital this is addressed furing pre season otherwise it doesnt matter how gokd kamara is, the players around him have to step up and try get close to his level

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing. As impressive as boubs passing stats are, it means nothing of the rest of the team cant pass for shit e.g mcginn. Its absolutely vital this is addressed furing pre season otherwise it doesnt matter how gokd kamara is, the players around him have to step up and try get close to his level

But Mcginn has the highest pass completion at Villa……  in all seriousness though I think this will improve with Kamara central of whomever , we’ve actually been less hurried and panicky in possession the last few games, more so when Coutinho’s playing.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nobody will want to admit this, but his overwhelming dominance in games against us in the past, has left its mark on some, over the years.....The hate, burns inside.

quite often he dismantled us on his own, but rather than blame ourselves, some blame him.....and can't come to terms it just a job.

I am quite happy he is in the same trench as us now, fighting on the same side and that same will to win, is at Bodymoor Heath, trying to instil that mentality in to us.....sure he is going to make mistakes, but I am glad he is our manager.....long term, he will be ok.

19 defeats in a season is pants in anyones language, and that is the size of the task.....He needs us with him.

I am happy to be with him, despite the setbacks and questionable local decisions.

Our mentality needs to change to get better and what better football person to help us do that?.....He is learning too, we cut young players slack, why not young managers?

The quality players we are trying to bring in, believe in him.....its about time we started to, too.

WTF !

He will never be one of us - he's a dyed in the wool scouser - and all that goes with that.

There are some lines Aston Villa shouldn't cross - and recruiting from Scouse vermin is one of those things 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

But Mcginn has the highest pass completion at Villa……  in all seriousness though I think this will improve with Kamara central of whomever , we’ve actually been less hurried and panicky in possession the last few games, more so when Coutinho’s playing.

I don't think we have finished yet, just got starting......but expect a few of our current players, who we have questions about, will raise their profile, when the rebuild is complete.

Just to put my head above the parapet.....I think McGinn and Ollie, will benefit from a bit of help...so don't be surprised to see the old McGinn and Ollie back, firing.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Im abit worried about mcginn. His passing has been atrocious this year. Luiz has been sloppy at times. Sanson seems to be a good passer but for whatever reason not fancied by gerrard. I do wonder if we might look at another cm if sanson goes. I am not sure if chuck will be here so if both of those go we may need another cm

Against Liverpool 2 weeks ago it was obvious that we needed a calming influence in the middle of the park. McGinn would get on the ball , ignore Nakamba because he knew Liverpools press would be too much for him and either went down a cul de sac or played a forward ball way too early. We werent switching the play to catch their high line out. Just playing long balls . We were playing at 100 miles an hour.  I think Kamara will just calm everything down. Give a chance for our creative players to work themselves into better positions . I like McGinn in more advanced positions but he is not at his best trying to play from the defensive end of our formation. We need to get him on the ball higher up the pitch. Jacob can make the driving runs from deep and cause chaos . 

Now Kamara will allow us to probably get an extra 5 -10 % possession on average in a game against the bigger hitters which will make a huge difference to us. 

He isnt the final jigsaw but its clear to me he will be the fulcrum to how we play . 

We have played shit many times this season but i think that we were set up to play like that as Gerrard knew we had no one to control the football. 

Now we can play more in the fashion of what our manager wants us to look like with players like him. He will have been bought to run the game without really doing anything flashy or remarkable. 

Now if no one in The Champs League goes after Ward Prowse then thats the player that we should spend a fortune on. Him and Kamara in a double pivot would he ace 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

WTF !

He will never be one of us - he's a dyed in the wool scouser - and all that goes with that.

There are some lines Aston Villa shouldn't cross - and recruiting from Scouse vermin is one of those things 

Pete, It wasn't aimed at you specifically....I know of other fans who feel the same.

but, "If the cap fits wear it"

I didn't say he will be one of us, ever, but he is here to help us and himself, its a great job in football......Ron Saunders wasn't one of us, and he was from Birkenhead.....its their job, they don't have to be one of us.

Jack Grealish is not one of them ( Manc) but he's doing a good job at trying to be.....its a job, mate.

Your last line genuinely puzzles me.....you must have had a bad expereince with someone from Liverpool?.....but you can't tar them all with the same brush, Pete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Pete, It wasn't aimed at you specifically....I know of other fans who feel the same.

but, "If the cap fits wear it"

I didn't say he will be one of us, ever, but he is here to help us and himself, its a great job in football......Ron Saunders wasn't one of us, and he was from Birkenhead.....its their job, they don't have to be one of us.

Jack Grealish is not one of them ( Manc) but he's doing a good job at trying to be.....its a job, mate.

Your last line genuinely puzzles me.....you must have had a bad expereince with someone from Liverpool?.....but you can't tar them all with the same brush, Pete.

It's just the football club I despise. 

Everything bad about football has its links in Anfield.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think we have finished yet, just got starting......but expect a few of our current players, who we have questions about, will raise their profile, when the rebuild is complete.

Just to put my head above the parapet.....I think McGinn and Ollie, will benefit from a bit of help...so don't be surprised to see the old McGinn and Ollie back, firing.

I think Mcginn has been fine this season,  he’s been quite disciplined in his role under Gerrard, does he warrant  a start every game probably not but  I can certainly see why Gerrard likes him. Ollie is a difficult one he benefits us in many ways but hinders us in as many,  we went toe to toe with Liverpool and  Man City the difference was clinical finishing and both those teams don’t even have a striker on the pitch, to bridge the game we need elite composed,  finishers of course this is easier said than done.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's just the football club I despise. 

Everything bad about football has its links in Anfield.

Ok...its a bit clearer....even if I find your logic hard to agree with.

personally, I have no axe to grind with any football club......They are just doing everything they can to succeed like us.

I'll bet you was pleased with the outcome on Sunday?, even if we did concede 3 in 6 minutes.

I couldn't care less who won, just disappointed we collapsed again, in a repeated fashion.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Against Liverpool 2 weeks ago it was obvious that we needed a calming influence in the middle of the park. McGinn would get on the ball , ignore Nakamba because he knew Liverpools press would be too much for him and either went down a cul de sac or played a forward ball way too early. We werent switching the play to catch their high line out. Just playing long balls . We were playing at 100 miles an hour.  I think Kamara will just calm everything down. Give a chance for our creative players to work themselves into better positions . I like McGinn in more advanced positions but he is not at his best trying to play from the defensive end of our formation. We need to get him on the ball higher up the pitch. Jacob can make the driving runs from deep and cause chaos . 

Now Kamara will allow us to probably get an extra 5 -10 % possession on average in a game against the bigger hitters which will make a huge difference to us. 

He isnt the final jigsaw but its clear to me he will be the fulcrum to how we play . 

We have played shit many times this season but i think that we were set up to play like that as Gerrard knew we had no one to control the football. 

Now we can play more in the fashion of what our manager wants us to look like with players like him. He will have been bought to run the game without really doing anything flashy or remarkable. 

Now if no one in The Champs League goes after Ward Prowse then thats the player that we should spend a fortune on. Him and Kamara in a double pivot would he ace 

I enjoyed your post until I read those dreaded words again Double Pivot .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So he is 3ft tall and just passes the whole game??!!! We have been mugged off.

Seriously tho, looks helluva player, delighted. Love any player who has that kind of tackle in him. Straight in no messing. Love it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think Mcginn has been fine this season,  he’s been quite disciplined in his role under Gerrard, does he warrant  a start every game probably not but  I can certainly see why Gerrard likes him. Ollie is a difficult one he benefits us in many ways but hinders us in as many,  we went toe to toe with Liverpool and  Man City the difference was clinical finishing and both those teams don’t even have a striker on the pitch, to bridge the game we need elite composed,  finishers of course this is easier said than done.

I just have this feeling they will benefit from team strengthening......Ollie Looks like he has the world on his shoulders, and a bit more relaxed might see him become more natural. McGinn for me is played too far back, and we lose all the naturalness from his game, his instinct is going for goal and that bustling style is suited to quick bursts, not long runs....John hasn't got the ball control or composure for long runs, but he is a menace closer to goal.

BK will release him from a task, he has conducted without complaint, despite his international place being further forward too......He has been super loyal and done a job for us, without a moan, despite the role being questionable.

I think he will be more of a threat, like when Jack was here.....after the summer.

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

good post...man after my own heart.

Â