Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If you had a choice… Olsen or Nyland?

They're both bad keepers. Don't see anything between them tbh. 

With regards to Emery's decision, it's his to make and up to us to defer to his superior knowledge, accept it and move on. Many of us do not rate Olsen but c'est la vie. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

They're both bad keepers. Don't see anything between them tbh. 

With regards to Emery's decision, it's his to make and up to us to defer to his superior knowledge, accept it and move on. Many of us do not rate Olsen but c'est la vie. 

I have a suspicion, he sees enough to improve him....hope so anyway.

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok so neither of us can do that because he hasnt played much for us to know for certain however 

lets phrase the questIon in a different way. Olsen is 33 and heaton in his playing career is a much better keeper than olsen is. Lets even take 32 or even 31. Heaton was and is the far superior keeper.

Heatons 37 and i bet olsen will be even worse at that age. The guys a nyland mark 2. Always a mistake in him (as per shown in the newcastle game a few games ago)

Continue to support him but dont be complaining on him when he gets his chance and makes mistakes like stevange 

You said it would be simple to replace him, but what top quality keeper wants to come and be second choice? Would anyone that did actually be better than Olsen? 

Why do you think Man U have a 37 year old that hasn't played in years as their backup? 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I have a suspicion, he sees enough to improve him....hope so anyway.

He has to, you imagine. He'd not be persevering with him otherwise and he's moved players on already that he felt weren't up to task. 

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If you had a choice… Olsen or Nyland?

Neither are good enough but anyone saying Olsen is worse has a short memory, Nyland was an atrocious footballer whereas Olsen is just poor. Olsen’s problem is that he’s not good in any area, coupled with being rusty because he so rarely plays, whereas Nyland despite occasionally being ok in some areas was so god damn awful in others it was a surprise he even made it as professional, there’s a reason he’s been released on a free 5 times in the last 3 years - we paid to cancel his contract because he was so bad and no other club has wanted to keep him for even 1 full season since 

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Because Olsen was mostly shit for us under Gerrard like everybody else and there is an OK keeper there. It is also a very difficult position to buy when Martinez is number 1. 

Think he only played 1 competitive match under Gerrard against Man City

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

You said it would be simple to replace him, but what top quality keeper wants to come and be second choice? Would anyone that did actually be better than Olsen? 

Why do you think Man U have a 37 year old that hasn't played in years as their backup? 

But thats the point  stan. You dont have to be a "top" keeper to be better than olsen. Olsens a very bad keeper. Traces of nyland mark 2. You can see when he is in goal our defence is shakey and panicky.  We need a keeper like steer who isnt injury prone to be our number 2

I still wouldn’t rule out getting in a replacement. Emery’s not exactly the type of manager to come out & say he wants to replace Olsen in public. It’s a clear weakness in our squad & I’d expect it’s one of those where we wait & see who becomes available later on in the window

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But thats the point  stan. You dont have to be a "top" keeper to be better than olsen. Olsens a very bad keeper. Traces of nyland mark 2. You can see when he is in goal our defence is shakey and panicky.  We need a keeper like steer who isnt injury prone to be our number 2

Olsen is NOT a "very bad" keeper. He is a good shot stopper. His weakness is his distribution which I'm sure they will have been working on. As a No.2 keeper he is fine

His main problem is trying to live up to our No.1 which is nigh on impossible for him!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Olsen is NOT a "very bad" keeper. He is a good shot stopper. His weakness is his distribution which I'm sure they will have been working on. As a No.2 keeper he is fine

His main problem is trying to live up to our No.1 which is nigh on impossible for him!

His shot stopping might be alright but having seen him for Roma and for us I've seen a fair bit of him. I wouldn't be confident he's a good enough number 2 for us. Nothing against him personally but footbalwise he is our weakest link at the mo.

His issue is his confidence and distribution. He’s not the worst in terms goal keeping itself. Wether his confidence can grow and his presence especially when we need to build up play, that’s a question. But who’s good and will come to be second keeper?

• Like 1

The Spaniards must've made some significant progress with Olsen on the training pitch and in the video room. 

He has the look of an intelligent human being, so maybe he's shown them he's capable. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

When did it become Olsens fault we lost to Stevenage? Wasn’t there 10 other players on the pitch? 9 after Donck got sent off. If we’re dropping players completely because of A freak result, then surly should be applied to all the players who played that game?

Stop talking common sense mate....it will get you nowhere on this site!

Â