Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I really hope he's even 75% the player we hope he is, and if he is, i hope we can go the next step and activate that buy clause, he would be such an amazing talisman if it works out.

My hope is he does well, and with all the c*** he had at Barcelona, not feeling loved or at home, i hope he finds Villa a good place to be where the fans love him, with Gerrard who knows how to use him and make him feel wanted, and even if he does do well, that someone else wont come in and swipe him for 35m ish, cus he will want to stay with us where he is happy and performing!

I can hope!

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he will tear anything up but we'll see and hope for the best.

Age wise, these are his prime years.  He's also motivated to play and not by just money or status as proven by the move.  I'm "piss your pants" excited

Just now, Adman said:

Age wise, these are his prime years.  He's also motivated to play and not by just money or status as proven by the move.  I'm "piss your pants" excited

Attacking players tend to peak in their early to mid twenties. 

Salah is more of the exception and not the rule. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he will tear anything up but we'll see and hope for the best.

Who would you have signed that would be better, more a guaranteed success and we could get?  In Coutinho, it feels he could’ve gone to a bigger club than us so I’m surprised you’re saying this.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Who would you have signed that would be better, more a guaranteed success and we could get?  In Coutinho, it feels he could’ve gone to a bigger club than us so I’m surprised you’re saying this.

I don't think he is the same player who left Liverpool in 2017 let's just leave it at that. 

Would be delighted to be proved wrong. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Messi, Ronaldo, lewandovski, Silva, debruyne...millions of them world class well into their 30s.  He'll be fine

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Messi, Ronaldo, lewandovski, Silva, debruyne...millions of them world class well into their 30s.  He'll be fine

Messi and Ronaldo was better in their mid 20s I would say. Lewa and De Bruyne I agree. 

Coutinho struggled with Injuries though which plays a part. 

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can’t agree with this, there are loads both ends of the age of a footballer with the likes of Rooney, Owen and co one end and Vardy, Zlatan, Salah and co the other end.  Probably equal amount both ends of the age range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really? This would be me if he said anything different:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I recall Xavi saying something like " With Philippe it is not a question of ability, it's mental "

He very much seems like the " Needs an arm around type " going off his interviews and reports of him being shy. Confidence has probably been knocked after being shellshocked at the Barca circus.

I reckon if you can get his confidence up and make him feel loved, the real Coutinho can emerge.

He did show signs on loan at Bayern.

I can only imagine, but scoring in front of the Holte must be like an emotional Hiroshima for the player. Coutinho needs that kind of affirmation, and if he delivers the fans will give it to him in spades. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think he is the same player who left Liverpool in 2017 let's just leave it at that. 

Would be delighted to be proved wrong. 

I think Barca move didn’t work for him, he did well at Bayern and was impacted by injury last season but I’m not sure anybody knows if the same player from 2017 is still there.  Aside from the injury there is no reason to believe he can’t be the same player just because he didn’t work out at Barca.  Only time will tell but it won’t because of age if he doesn’t succeed.

Â