Music Festivals!!!

cyrusr

Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?

• An International Festival (please state)
    • Other UK Festival (please state)
    • T in the Park
    • Download
    • V Festival
    • Glastonbury
    • Reading/Leeds Festival

It's summer time and the weather is fine (if you leave the country that is) and everyone knows that summer (bar mass transfer gossip) is about festivals. Waking up groggy because youve slept on the ground with a pair of jeans as a roll mat, only to be greeted with a beer! Then the day progresses with beer, beer and more beer. Maybe some ffod too. Oh and apparently theres music too. Oh happy happy days.

So where you going/been?

Me: I'm going to Graspop Metal Meeting in the loveley Belgium next week. Went last year and it was amazing. Good music, good food, fantastic beer and probably same value/slightly less than a festival over here. Plus its about 100 times better. Can't wait to go again.

Graspop

I went to Download last weekend and it was class. It was my 2nd time there (first was previous year) and I enjoyed it as much as the first.

I'm also planning on going to Reading but I don't have tickets at the moment, which might prove a stumbling block.

They are the only festivals I've done and the only ones I can see me doing this year.

Been to:

Glastonbury (5 times)

V (lost count)

Reading

Leeds (both venues in Leeds)

Not going to any this year. Glastonbury is the best though.

Reading looks brilliant this year. Might look to get myself a ticket, but they're going for about 300euro now in eBay. Might put me off.

Oxegen and Electric Picnic's line-ups are out

I worked on the bars at Gatecrasher Summer Sound System. It was quality. Was working a brilliant tent and got too see all my favorite DJs whilst getting paid for it.

Went to V a few years back when Oasis headlined and that was pretty immense, but after working a festival and getting all the perks of a festival without the massive UK festival price tag, I don't think I will be buying anymore festival tickets in the Uk. Exit Festival FTW.

Went to V a few years back when Oasis headlined and that was pretty immense.

Agree, it was brilliant.

It was probably their best performance of that whole tour. Liam actually sounded good which is unusual these days!

The whole atmosphere at V was great, I'd like to go back at some point, but Glasto remains the daddy of festivals.

Wacken Open Air in Germany is an amazing festival, a metal mecca. I also like download when theres good bands the atmosphere is always good and always alot of nice trim ;) TITS ON JUMBOTRONNN!!!!!!

Anyways.....wacken pips it, if your into metal, you need to go to wacken.

Havent been a festival since 2000 (Reading) due to a variety of reasons and want to go to another soon. Massively enjoyed the couple ive been to though, even if i hadn't seen 1 band id have had a good time the amount that is going on. Doess seem like Rap music and heavy metal gets more time than other music now though which isnt as much my cup of tea

Haven't been to a fez for years, usually can't stand them to be honest but the saturday lineup for Rockwerchter has tempted us to do one day. The lure of Radiohead, Sigur Ros & the Editors on the same bill couldn't be passed up. With the added sort of bonuses of Kings of Leon & Band of Horses plus KT Tunstall (who my daughter likes) and the ability to be able to checkout MGMT who some people are raving about (but I've yet to see any reason why) makes all in all for a great dayout. None of that camping shit though, hotel in Brussels the night before, free train transport to the festival, hotel in the town centre the night of the festival, fly back the next day.

If I was doing a Festival in the UK this year it would definitely have been Latitude, which I might check out next year. Latitude's line up this year looked most excellent and next year I might even be persuaded to buy a tent and do the camping thing

Does seem like Rap music and heavy metal gets more time than other music now though which isnt as much my cup of tea

A lot of dance music festivals out there. They are always going to be better than your heavy rock and rap acts. Leeds looks shocking this year imo, metal really isn't my thing.

I'm going to the Hove festival in southern Norway. Driving down tomorrow morning.

The lineup is average-ish, but the venue is great and it's a week of drinks and laughs with my two best mates. I'm looking forward to it like a child for christmas.

Went there last year to see the Arcade Fire, QOTSA and Bright Eyes among others and had a blast, despite the weather being shite.

I did Download in '06 and '07, avoided it like the plague this year however.

Like PatrickCousens, I think Reading looks very good this year, just a shame I couldn't get a ticket for it.

I'm hoping to head off to Bloodstock Open Air in mid-August (15th-17th) as that looks right up my alley; Nightwish, Opeth and Dimmu Borgir are three of the major bands playing, along with Soilwork, As I Lay Dying and Evile. And the tickets are only £85.

Â