Music Festivals!!!

cyrusr

Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?

• An International Festival (please state)
    • Other UK Festival (please state)
    • T in the Park
    • Download
    • V Festival
    • Glastonbury
    • Reading/Leeds Festival

Reading I think managed to beat Download with just one band: Metallica. Pretty much all the bands that played Download are playing Graspop and after '05 and '06 Downloads I just wasn't in the mood to horribly ripped off for watered down piss water and dodgy burgers. Reading I think has a lot better general atmosphere as well. At Download it seemed it was either old people who were alright but didn't really do much or a load of c**ts who want to destroy everything. Fun... Reading always seemed more relaxed when I went but both have been thrown aside since went to Graspop last year.

Was quite tempted by Wacken but it sold out before I could convince mates to go who aren't quite into metal as me but I think thats the bonus with Graspop as they have a fair few Rock bands as well (no Indie though thankfully...).

Also relatively tempted by Bloodstock but all bands again are playing Graspop pretty much so we shall see.

Doess seem like Rap music and heavy metal gets more time than other music now though which isnt as much my cup of tea

You're joking right?

I can count the number of metal bands at leeds/reading on one hand, whereas for indie I run out of fingers and toes before I'm even half way through the lineup.

Off to the V festival on the Saturday, just down the A5 for us , so usually go most years, only for the day though, a full day of music and ale enough for lightweight like myself.

Not the best line up for me personally, but looking forward to The Verve again, saw them in Manchester at xmas, awesome.

Fingers crossed that they change the Man Shite game to the Sunday.

Reading looks brilliant this year. Might look to get myself a ticket, but they're going for about 300euro now in eBay. Might put me off.

Oxegen and Electric Picnic's line-ups are out

im looking for a ticket to electric picnic myself,they are going for 350 on ebay.mad money if you ask me...

I've been to Readingh past three years but broke now so cant go this year as it's a shame would go and see Rage. Probably not going to bother with them in the future now, too expensive, full of crap everywhere, and I just can't stand the bellends who act the clearing in the woods all the time. I may be a misery guts but I wish all those **** who go charging through the campsites, people who chuck piss etc would just choke on their own vomit, hendrix style. Please - I want to listen to the music, maybe jig around a bit have a drink or two and then sod off back to snooze land - yes i know, obviously not my scene anymore!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Haven't been to a fez for years, usually can't stand them to be honest but the saturday lineup for Rockwerchter has tempted us to do one day. The lure of Radiohead, Sigur Ros & the Editors on the same bill couldn't be passed up. With the added sort of bonuses of Kings of Leon & Band of Horses plus KT Tunstall (who my daughter likes) and the ability to be able to checkout MGMT who some people are raving about (but I've yet to see any reason why) makes all in all for a great dayout. None of that camping shit though, hotel in Brussels the night before, free train transport to the festival, hotel in the town centre the night of the festival, fly back the next day.

If I was doing a Festival in the UK this year it would definitely have been Latitude, which I might check out next year. Latitude's line up this year looked most excellent and next year I might even be persuaded to buy a tent and do the camping thing

I did the full four days at Werchter - was absolutely amazing - good atmosphere, great music, Hives, and Kings of Leon were the stand out guys for me.

Hives,

Did the frontman annoy you with his constant allusions to his greatness etc.?

And this year I'm going to Reading and V for the Muse day (surprise surprise).

To be honest I found it quite funny, mainly because I dont think they are "the greatest band in the world" but I enjoyed the fact that he thought it. I think most frontmen have that kind of arrogance though. KOL were great but they didnt really talk to the crowd at all which ive heard is fairly common

• 4 years later...

Anything touching the tent fabric (inside or out) will allow water into the tent, if it's raining heavily and windy this could drive water under you tarp and get your tent wet inside. It might work, but I'm not sure. If you're worried about the waterproofing of your tent get some fabisil and some seam sealer and sort it out yourself before you go.

If you're insistent on using a tarp why not buy a few extra poles and guy ropes and support it yourself. Or buy a Gazebo.

B and Q do one for £15, probably blow over in heavy winds though

Â