Music Festivals!!!

cyrusr

Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Festival Are You Going/Been to?

• An International Festival (please state)
    • Other UK Festival (please state)
    • T in the Park
    • Download
    • V Festival
    • Glastonbury
    • Reading/Leeds Festival

Rain is more likely to come through the seems of the zips and stuff, depends on your tent though really. If you're worried though get yourself a decent size can of fabisil and give your tent a good coat before you go. That plus a gazebo will see you alright hopefully.

Unless you're caught in gale force conditions like I was in Cornwall last week. Blew our tent and many other people's tents to pieces. Hope the weather stands up for you.

Pukkelpop has to be the best festival. Was great once again this year and has never let me down

Well I went last year when 5 people died and two of the days were cancelled so I'm not going to agree with you there.

On a more practical note the food was not very good (just the usual hotdogs/chips/crap burgers etc) and there was only one vendor selling good beer, the rest all served average lager in small cups for €2.50 :(

It was a pretty friendly atmosphere but the camping was cramped and you had to cross a busy main road to get in and out from the stages to your tent.

There wasn't much else going on around the site besides the music stages which is a shame but the stages were a good size and the line up was good so from that aspect I couldn't complain.

I would suggest that if you get a chance in your life go to Glastonbury Festival. You will never look at another festival the same way again.

I went to Hevy fest a few weeks ago. It was...heavy. Held at a Safari Park, which is nice. I think most wild animals are into hardcore, probably the reason why it's held there I imagine.

Pukkelpop has to be the best festival. Was great once again this year and has never let me down

Well I went last year when 5 people died and two of the days were cancelled so I'm not going to agree with you there.

On a more practical note the food was not very good (just the usual hotdogs/chips/crap burgers etc) and there was only one vendor selling good beer, the rest all served average lager in small cups for €2.50 :(

It was a pretty friendly atmosphere but the camping was cramped and you had to cross a busy main road to get in and out from the stages to your tent.

There wasn't much else going on around the site besides the music stages which is a shame but the stages were a good size and the line up was good so from that aspect I couldn't complain.

I would suggest that if you get a chance in your life go to Glastonbury Festival. You will never look at another festival the same way again.

Well last year doesn't count for me as what happened wasn't in their hands really. And we stayed on the camping for the next day as well so in fact we only lost one day :P

Campings they have handled that 'problem' now, as they made 3 seperate campings instead of just one, although that has never bothered me to be honest.

Don't know how much the beers are with you guys usually but in Belgium it's a pretty standard price when you get them on festivals; trick is, bring your own booze inside :winkold:

I've heard a lot of good things about Glastonbury so maybe some day I'll make it over there. What's the size of Glastonbury anyway?

I went to the mightly Willowman, no doubt you've all heard of it. Its small enough that mud never really takes hold even when it rains, you can get a beer easily, sit down if you want and find toilets any time. So not a proper festival in that sense. You can wear any sort of ridiculous clothing, though.

Well last year doesn't count for me as what happened wasn't in their hands really. And we stayed on the camping for the next day as well so in fact we only lost one day :P

Campings they have handled that 'problem' now, as they made 3 seperate campings instead of just one, although that has never bothered me to be honest.

Don't know how much the beers are with you guys usually but in Belgium it's a pretty standard price when you get them on festivals; trick is, bring your own booze inside :winkold:

I've heard a lot of good things about Glastonbury so maybe some day I'll make it over there. What's the size of Glastonbury anyway?

Well it is unfortunate that I picked the wrong year to go. My brother had gone over a few years back when Daft Punk played and had a great time.

For Glastonbury, from memory I think it has something like 130,000 ticketed people and another 20-30,000 who are there putting on displays or are vendors or are other helpers etc but I'm not too sure about the numbers exactly.

It is huge and you can spend a good 4 or 5 days on site and still not see it all. You could also spend your whole time there without seeing a band and still have a brilliant time, there is that much going on.

Hives,

Did the frontman annoy you with his constant allusions to his greatness etc.?

And this year I'm going to Reading and V for the Muse day (surprise surprise).

It's all part of his shtick. It's done with a massive amount of irony. I remember finding him very amusing the first time I saw them.

As for festivals I've done nearly all the major UK ones, as well as Benicassim. Don't do the outdoor ones anymore, as I'm not a fan of camping, and am no longer young enough to put up with it. Also most of the outdoor festivals have appalling line ups these days.

I do regularly attend All Tomorrow's Parties Festivals now though. More underground and obscure music, which is what I prefer these days, plus indoors, with a bed, a shower an indoor plumbing!

Â