Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm fine thanks...all for it.:bang:

I get a bit miffed, when my points are just not comprehended,or acknowledged even if folk disagree.

I like to think, that I at least, appreciate a point, even if I disagree with it.

There's a flip side to that - some of your points (e.g. Poch wouldn't do any better with the current players, our squad isn't good but Ollie is more talented than Andy Grey, etc) are rebuked in detail and you don't respond. The evidence against is just ignored. That's frustrating for everyone else.

Back OT, I think SG is a dead man walking.  Owners are probably in talks with more than one replacement, just keeping him on while legal matters are sorted both with him and his replacement.  Maybe I'm living in a dream land but I don't think they'd let him go without some idea of who the replacement might be - even if it's not a nailed on certainty (which in fairness they'd get slaughtered for if they did).

• Like 4

I’m struggling with the logic on this. The fans have gone, even winning the next 2 won’t change that. CP has to know that? And has to know that the longer this goes on that the fans will start (some already have) pointing fingers in his direction. 

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Dean had lots of success prior to his downward spiral, suggesting he was capable of more with villa. Gerrard has never looked capable of anything since the opening sequence where he had Dean's players that had been trained and coached by Dean.

In how i would set us up...I wouldn't have released all our wingers and not replaced them. Even accepting that I would have, I wouldn't be expecting my wing backs to provide the only width we have. I would also not been starting a single DM (Luiz or Kamara) and expecting them to provide enough cover. I wouldn't be asking mcginn to play a deep lying playmaker/cover wing back type role. 

Gerrard has created the situation we're in, and I don't find any of the extenuating circumstances justifiable to explain that situation. We should not be where we are in the league, even factoring in those extenuating reasons, and him being a new manager and us gambling on him will kill us before it makes him. 

We have had false dawns where he's played Luiz alongside a DM and looked decent, only for him to abandon it the next game for no reason. Once could be explained, but it's happened at least 3 times I can remember, and probably more that I can't.

I appreciate you at least putting your head above the parapet.

I agree with some of it, if not all fwiw

• Dean had some success, in promotion and a Cup final, but still had a below 40% win percentage over 135 games, even taking in a promotion, from the championship.
  • Our wingers were not of sufficient quality for the Premier League.
  • I agree with you, our team is not good enough in the middle to have wing backs, they need to defend first and attack second....we need at least one wide player, even if it is asymmetrical.
  • The CDM has been a farce for too long.....The purchase of Kamara, was long, long overdue.....I too would go, 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-2
  • I too have never been comfortable, with McGinn, in deep positions or Dougie, both need to got further up for me.
  • I am not convinced he has created the situation, we are in, but he hasn't changed it much either......we was poor before he arrived.

I am not convinced this present squad can be manipulated or permutated in to a winning machine.....withour surgery.

After a very pleasing early excursion in to the transfer market, I had high hopes for some quality additions to add to Carlos and Kamara, I must confess, I was left flat with the decision, to stall, and send up signing cover only, on the last days....I think that affected SG too....I am not soley blaming that, but just another brick in the wall.

I think right or wrong, SG has been searching for solutions, and when those solutions are not found, it starts to look clueless.....lets hope the new manager, can do better.

If I am being honest and with the benefit of hindsight, I think in the January window, he got it wrong, and it set the tone, even if initially, Countinho, showed signs of a good signing.....We was a lightweight team, lacking aggression and he made it worse.

I am beginning to share the view of him going.....even if its for the fanbase to get behind, the club and team.

Ps You might say we have 2 inside forwards up front and no quinntessential Centre Forward....he inherited that too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't say that.....No I don't.

It was in response, to Dean being exited, for no progression.....The time to establish that is different.....anyway, Dean should not be brought up, he's gone....different circumstances.

any way, He won 9 games in his first season up and by a drawn game, at West Ham, saved us....sure it was delight.....but don't paint pictures, to suit your narrative.

I have never said, you get time for the sake of it.....you just assume things.....and you know what assume does?

Haha so he didn't meet expectations? This is why you can't be taken serious. Survived and cup final with a team that had to play wesley, davis and samatta up front, and according to you, claiming he met expectations is painting a picture to suit my narrative. But Gerrard, sitting in 16th, after an abysmal 12 months and here you are making excuses and wanting more time. 

It's absolutely hilarious. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll be given Thursday and Sunday before they make a decision. If he can get 4 points he'll stay or maybe even just beating Brentford and he'll stay. 

What is the point, near enough everyone wants him out, him getting any points will only make purslow want to keep him, we need to sack him before this even happens 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think right or wrong, SG has been searching for solutions, and when those solutions are not found, it starts to look clueless

What about the fact he said he would pick players on merit, and then refuses to drop players (McGinn, Watkins, Coutinho) who are underperforming. Constantly dropping Buendia for the underperforming Coutinho. Sanson hasn’t played a single minute. Archer barely features. He’s looking for solutions to problems he’s created himself.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He'll be given Thursday and Sunday before they make a decision. If he can get 4 points he'll stay or maybe even just beating Brentford and he'll stay. 

Till when though? It's mad to be in that position. There's no long term plan. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We say this every week 😂 . At some point you need to cut your losses

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

What is the point, near enough everyone wants him out, him getting any points will only make purslow want to keep him, we need to sack him before this even happens 

Purslow wants to find a way to keep him. So any win from those two games and he'll be "given more time" which means he'll be here after the World Cup

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Purslow wants to find a way to keep him. So any win from those two games and he'll be "given more time" which means he'll be here after the World Cup

Exactly and Fulham ain’t exactly hard to get a win against either 

Though I don’t agree with you @TROi do respect the fact that you’re sticking to your guns and what you believe is right when almost everyone around you has the opposite view. 

I mean that BTW mate it’s not a sarcastic dig. 

Edited by av1

Just now, CVByrne said:

But if we are genuinely interested in Poch or Emery, and they are even a tiny bit interested. You’d move heaven and earth to get them and get rid of the manger 99% of fans want rid of.

• Like 3

Â