Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

17 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

right I'm going to risk the outright vitriol this may deserve but I believe Gerard has put this club back two years.  Not only does he play a style of football that simply doesn't work in the prem.  narrow midfield with no wide midfielders/wingers relying on fullback to offer an out on the wings, which in turn exposes the central defenders.  so we struggle to get through a packed midfield going forward and get hit on the counter far too easily.  on top of that we seem unable to defend set pieces with the same players who have been so good at it in the past.  worse than that he is getting rid of decent players (traore, sanson) and refusing to bring in players that will improve us that we won't have the chance to sign again (sarr clearly was all done until Gerard spoke to the player and the in his words "decided to go in another direction".  Yep backwards. 

Right now to sit back and wait for the muppet comments.  I hope I'm proven very wrong indeed starting with a demolition of West ham, although even I admit this isnt the fixture that will decide our season.  The run of 4 games from Leicester will really make or break it.

I dont think you'll get much vitriol.

My opinion changes daily cos I want him to succeed with us. My main issue with him is that we have the best squad we have had in years and he's not able to get many tunes out of them. This squad is better than what MON had. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Apologies in advance…

We will most likely be bottom in three games if we don’t win tomorrow - if we lose we are 17th tomorrow and I’d back Leicester and Wolves to overtake us over the next two weeks. So it’ll be us and Bournemouth 19th and 20th. That’s when I’d think Gerrard will be canned - think it ties with the international break as well? And Rodgers may be gone from Leicester by then as well.

Slightly different angle then, given the topic of this thread - where will Gerrard go next? Is he a big enough name as a player to get another PL gig? Family seem to love LA so somewhere like LA Galaxy might work for him and let him rebuild his reputation for a bit. Can’t see him taking a job in the Championship or in Europe…

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bailey's dad's been a nobhead long before we signed him so I don't think it's indicative of anything.

Bailey's dad expresses opinion shocker. It means nothing. Embarassing pages like AVFC Faithful of course jump all over it.

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We will most likely be bottom in three games if we don’t win tomorrow - if we lose we are 17th tomorrow and I’d back Leicester and Wolves to overtake us over the next two weeks. So it’ll be us and Bournemouth 19th and 20th. That’s when I’d think Gerrard will be canned - think it ties with the international break as well? And Rodgers may be gone from Leicester by then as well.

Slightly different angle then, given the topic of this thread - where will Gerrard go next? Is he a big enough name as a player to get another PL gig? Family seem to love LA so somewhere like LA Galaxy might work for him and let him rebuild his reputation for a bit. Can’t see him taking a job in the Championship or in Europe…

No way does he get another job after this in a top league, it would be crazy to give him one. Everything’s been set up for him to do well 

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

No way does he get another job after this in a top league, it would be crazy to give him one. Everything’s been set up for him to do well 

Agreed, but I don’t think he’ll give up on his managerial career which is why I think he might follow Rooney to MLS.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed, but I don’t think he’ll give up on his managerial career which is why I think he might follow Rooney to MLS.

Is managers going to the MLS the same as players going to Turkey? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Critchley goes back to a championship job and Gerrard takes a young Liverpool coach on an apprenticeship to the MLS. 

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bailey's dad expresses opinion shocker. It means nothing. Embarassing pages like AVFC Faithful of course jump all over it.

Ah yeah, you routinely see premier league players' families venting their frustrations publicly.

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Rooney could have stayed at Derby, he worked miracles in the circumstances. I think he's moved for the better life and to get his missus away from that Vardy woman

Rooney actually did a very good job with Derby to be fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Such a shit manager to get beaten by Palace. Oh wait, does that mean Pep is shit too? Or is he even worse because their squad cost 100 x more or worst of all, palace aren’t even at full strength v city without Zaha. 

This was definitely a better point before City scored four goals and counting ;)

PS I know you don’t actually think Pep is shit!

Edited by Adam2003

Â