Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Man City in the last game of the season was pretty spot on for 70ish minutes.

Meant nothing in the end though did it? And it was SG who f***ed up that result and game. He makes poor decisions, consistently.

Such an embarrassing capitulation in such a short span of time.

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not the person you replied to, but while I wouldn't expect protests, I also don't expect people to bury their heads in the sand, but it's what a lot of people did while we scraped our way to some decent results with atrocious performances in pre season, as well as completely excusing poor performances last season because he just needed the summer.

I’ve never judged us on preseason and never well. But the shit on Saturday being like last season is obviously a big concern.  Im not burying my head in the sand, there’s a lot of things to be upset about which has been done to death on here by others. 

Im going to cling on to some hope we come good though. What else can I do?  I don’t want to go Villa park with a toxic atmosphere. I hate it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sacking a manager after 1 game into the season is mental. No decent player/manager will ever want to be associated with the club if we do things like that. 

I think he’ll get to the break. As many fans have mentioned it will be a good time for clubs to make changes if needed.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’ll get to the break. As many fans have mentioned it will be a good time for clubs to make changes if needed.

The owners and the CEO will know when/if to make a change. 

It won't be after one or two games though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Meant nothing in the end though did it? And it was SG who f***ed up that result and game. He makes poor decisions, consistently.

Can you elaborate on why you think Gerrard was to blame for that game? 
And does he not get any credit for the first 70 minutes?

Edited by Robbie09

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sacking a manager after 1 game into the season is mental. No decent player/manager will ever want to be associated with the club if we do things like that. 

I don't think Gerrard would allow himself to be sacked, I think he would walk before that. 

I think hes lost some of the players judging by that game against Bournemouth, they all looked very subdued. Be interesting to see how was play against Everton.

This is the problem with in experienced managers, they won't have affective methods to deal with certain situations. They can get coaches in to help with the technical side of it but when it comes to man management it's down to the manager and he's learning his trade with £40m assets.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve never judged us on preseason and never well. But the shit on Saturday being like last season is obviously a big concern.  Im not burying my head in the sand, there’s a lot of things to be upset about which has been done to death on here by others. 

Im going to cling on to some hope we come good though. What else can I do?  I don’t want to go Villa park with a toxic atmosphere. I hate it.

I get it mate and it’s usually best to remain hopeful or optimistic.

But we need something tangible to give us that hope…

The problem is, that hope has dissipated for many of us and we don’t all think/feel alike.

All I have had is hope ever since SG arrived (nothing gave me much encouragement) and he has had it all his own way but is still messing up… 

I really don’t think k fans want to be toxic for the sake of it, there are usually reasons/causes. Not that I’m encouraging toxicity, that’s not going to help anyone especially at VP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Can you elaborate on why you think Gerrard was to blame for that game? 
And does he not get any credit for the first 70 minutes?

We fell apart and backed off further once he brought Nakamba on… invited all the pressure and carried no threat and no ball retention. The wrong change, we were asking for it.

Anyway, this isn’t about one game…

Sure, I can give credit for the 70 mins but what does that count for? We’ve had zero consistency and not played well for more than a single half…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I really don’t think k fans want to be toxic for the sake of it, there are usually reasons/causes. Not that I’m encouraging toxicity, that’s not going to help anyone especially at VP.

It's already toxic on here. I've just read the last ten pages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It's just a bit disengenuous to say that considering what you said before ("Any positive performances under SG were a hell of a long time ago"). It reminds me of a similar complaint about him never playing Buendia and Coutinho together, which he did in that very game, two competitive games ago.

You're on a crusade though so I'll leave you to it. For the record, I am leaning over to the 'he needs to sort things out quickly or time's up' side of the fence, but I just spotted that this discussion felt a little over-biased.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

How many further losses and poor performances do you think we should be willing to tolerate? Again, it’s not 1 game but I’ll try to stop emphasising that point as it appears to be falling on deaf ears.

If we truly are ambitious, I don’t think we should be too concerned with what people think and should be more focussed on our own progress and success. 

Another season wasted, that is one of my main concerns. But I feel he could be doing a lot of damage to the team in various ways. Unrest isn’t helpful for anyone. The more damage, the more repair work there is…

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's just a bit disengenuous to say that considering what you said before ("Any positive performances under SG were a hell of a long time ago"). It reminds me of a similar complaint about him never playing Buendia and Coutinho together, which he did in that very game, two competitive games ago.

You're on a crusade though so I'll leave you to it. For the record, I am leaning over to the 'he needs to sort things out quickly or time's up' side of the fence, but I just spotted that this discussion felt a little over-biased.

A crusade 🤣

No need to be so dramatic. It wasn’t an amazing performance in my eyes, City weren’t exactly at their best but it was good to see a bit of resilience about us…until we completely collapsed. 

I was on the fence, but now I am not…

You and anyone else are entitled to feel differently. I don’t need to constantly justify my view, you’re welcome to disagree.

Edited by Jas10

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's already toxic on here. I've just read the last ten pages. 

Then we have different views on the definition of toxic.

Criticism, frustrating and annoyance is not the same things as toxicity. 

We’re on a forum, it’s not like we’re constantly screaming “GERRARD OUT” at VP is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

How many further losses and poor performances do you think we should be willing to tolerate? Again, it’s not 1 game but I’ll try to stop emphasising that point as it appears to be falling on deaf ears.

If we truly are ambitious, I don’t think we should be too concerned with what people think and should be more focussed on our own progress and success. 

Another season wasted, that is one of my main concerns. But I feel he could be doing a lot of damage to the team in various ways. Unrest isn’t helpful for anyone. The more damage, the more repair work there is…

It's not for me to say how people should feel. Different people will have different expectations. I'm more than happy to see how it pans out over the next 7 or 8 games. He earned that after last season IMO. 

In terms of what goes on behind the scenes, no one really knows. 

Perhaps I'm just tired of it all. I used to like supporting the club. Now I find it wears me out!

• Like 2

Â