Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah but we haven’t won a game for weeks!

Natives are restless, Gerrard hasn't won a game in weeks, signed a player in ages, won the League, Champions League, World Cup whilst securing world peace all in a single swoop of tactical arm-waving....

Gerrard Out!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol,.to be fair, Gerrard doesn't have " thick legs ".

However, don't get me wrong either, I used to troll the " man purse " but the older I've gotten, the more ridiculous I've realised it is to troll them.

It's essentially a useful shoulder bag ffs.

I'm not sure how being practical makes you less manly .

" Fanny packs " are questionable though 😂

Pockets = Practical.

Man Bag = Fashion accessory. 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If people aren't giving him any room, time and understanding it is the definition of impatience. That is indeed a fact, you could perhaps look it up in a thesaurus.

giphy.gif

Don’t think that’s the win you think it is.  Apart from a few, nobody wants him sacked but analysing/criticism/praising along the way is not impatience but analysing/criticism/praising, you’ve just decided to add on the extra part for your comment.

Also by your standards when is “impatience” no longer applicable? 10 games into the new season? 20? 30? Whole of the season? The following season?  If he doesn’t get all the players he wants this summer does he get more time until he can? Two thirds of a season isn’t enough so when is? I’d like to know the rules.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If people aren't giving him any room, time and understanding it is the definition of impatience. That is indeed a fact, you could perhaps look it up in a thesaurus.

giphy.gif

FAKT

19 hours ago, nick76 said:

Don’t think that’s the win you think it is.  Apart from a few, nobody wants him sacked but analysing/criticism/praising along the way is not impatience but analysing/criticism/praising, you’ve just decided to add on the extra part for your comment.

Also by your standards when is “impatience” no longer applicable? 10 games into the new season? 20? 30? Whole of the season? The following season?  If he doesn’t get all the players he wants this summer does he get more time until he can? Two thirds of a season isn’t enough so when is? I’d like to know the rules.

I just thought it very impatient to bemoan Gerrard when he hasn't even had a full season, it's embarrassing really.

But unfortunately some made their mind up before he even walked through the door.

It is often widely regarded a new manager needs three to four transfer windows to get what they want from any new team so I'd suggest we are in a position to judge him better in a year from now.

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I just thought it very impatient to bemoan Gerrard when he hasn't even had a full season, it's embarrassing really.

It’s a forum, people discuss how players, managers, whoever are doing all the time.  If you think it’s embarrassing why are you on here? Or do you only want positivity until a set date.

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But unfortunately some made their mind up before he even walked through the door.

Maybe but lumping everybody in that category that have some concerns is disingenuous to the argument you are discussing.

22 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It is often widely regarded a new manager needs three to four transfer windows to get what they want from any new team so I'd suggest we are in a position to judge him better in a year from now.

Managers rarely get that length before assessing.  If Gerrard starts poorly he may be gone before Christmas, it’s the fact of football that managers on the whole live and die by results.  The three or four windows you mention was true a decade or more ago but isn’t true in the last decade.  Only the successful or acceptable survive these days and survive the sack..

Apart from a few, the overwhelming majority don’t want him sacked/are not thinking about him being sacked.  What is concerning is that we aren’t seeing an improvement in the players we have who will form the bulk of the squad for next season.  We seem to be struggling with style, tactics and coaching and you don’t expect him to have got it right yet as you say but you’d expect some signs of improvement…I would argue we aren’t.

This a forum, we discuss the current situation, if you find negativity or concerns embarrassing then I’m surprised you are on a forum especially when even the manager said last season wasn’t good enough that 14th wasn’t acceptable.  He’s the manager and he’s in charge, so his job to fix it and he ultimately bares responsibility.

He obviously gets time, the club are investing in him but next season he needs to deliver.  If he starts poorly I’d be surprised if he lasts to your end of season time to review him.  I doubt that will happen and I’m hopeful he will be a success but I will moan when it’s bad and laud when it’s great….that’s football!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a forum, people discuss how players, managers, whoever are doing all the time.  If you think it’s embarrassing why are you on here? Or do you only want positivity until a set date.

Maybe but lumping everybody in that category that have some concerns is disingenuous to the argument you are discussing.

Managers rarely get that length before assessing.  If Gerrard starts poorly he may be gone before Christmas, it’s the fact of football that managers on the whole live and die by results.  The three or four windows you mention was true a decade or more ago but isn’t true in the last decade.  Only the successful or acceptable survive these days and survive the sack..

Apart from a few, the overwhelming majority don’t want him sacked/are not thinking about him being sacked.  What is concerning is that we aren’t seeing an improvement in the players we have who will form the bulk of the squad for next season.  We seem to be struggling with style, tactics and coaching and you don’t expect him to have got it right yet as you say but you’d expect some signs of improvement…I would argue we aren’t.

This a forum, we discuss the current situation, if you find negativity or concerns embarrassing then I’m surprised you are on a forum especially when even the manager said last season wasn’t good enough that 14th wasn’t acceptable.  He’s the manager and he’s in charge, so his job to fix it and he ultimately bares responsibility.

He obviously gets time, the club are investing in him but next season he needs to deliver.  If he starts poorly I’d be surprised if he lasts to your end of season time to review him.  I doubt that will happen and I’m hopeful he will be a success but I will moan when it’s bad and laud when it’s great….that’s football!

You and others keep going around in circles and repeating the mantra. It's boring and unfortunately I find myself less interested in hearing it on the forum so you kind of have your wish as I am on here less and less these days. Debate is good, argument is poor. Some find the distinction a problem to behold.

@TRO did a good job in addressing this and I was merely repeating my agreement of those points.

Hence you are impatient, it is indeed a problem for most people in everyday life. Many lack patience. You don't like this yet I'm supposedly in the wrong for pointing that out. I'm happy to give Gerrard time and it is unfortunate that many aren't. 

As for the rest of your post it's all a case of wait and see.

Be patient. I want success for Villa and I hope Gerrard can do it.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You and others keep going around in circles and repeating the mantra. It's boring and unfortunately I find myself less interested in hearing it on the forum so you kind of have your wish as I am on here less and less these days. Debate is good, argument is poor. Some find the distinction a problem to behold.

@TRO did a good job in addressing this and I was merely repeating my agreement of those points.

Hence you are impatient, it is indeed a problem for most people in everyday life. Many lack patience. You don't like this yet I'm supposedly in the wrong for pointing that out. I'm happy to give Gerrard time and it is unfortunate that many aren't. 

As for the rest of your post it's all a case of wait and see.

Fair enough! The forum will always impact people differently, I know myself have long spells of inactivity on here like a year or so for similar reasons but I’m in discussion mode for the last year on here whereas you are finding it boring.  Roles will change likely over the coming years depending on the topic.  Hopefully next time you are on we’ll be discussing positives things together.

24 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It is indicative of much of this thread that someone would be confused by this sentiment. Strange brew.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hopefully next time you are on we’ll be discussing positives things together.

Amen.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In fairness did you give Alex Mcleish, Remi Garde, Di Matteo or Sherwood as much patience? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness did you give Alex Mcleish, Remi Garde, Di Matteo or Sherwood as much patience? 

It's really unimportant as the present and future is the focus...do not live in the past....

However to humour you slightly; the club was not necessarily in a great place at that time and it would not have taken an educated fan to know we were in difficult times. But yeah, I'm ever the eternal optimist. Remi Garde was indeed the darkest of dark days yet I tried to keep the faith in hope more than anything really.

Now we have the best owners possibly since forever yet we still aren't happy. Such an entitled bunch, eh?

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's really unimportant as the present and future is the focus...do not live in the past....

However to humour you slightly; the club was not necessarily in a great place at that time and it would not have taken an educated fan to know we were in difficult times. But yeah, I'm ever the eternal optimist. Remi Garde was indeed the darkest of dark days yet I tried to keep the faith in hope more than anything really.

Now we have the best owners possibly since forever yet we still aren't happy. Such an entitled bunch, eh?

If wanting to finish better than 14th is entitled with the players we have, the infrastructure at the club, the great youth system and the brilliant owners we have then yes I am entitled.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Finishing 10 points and 3 positions off the previous season is really not entitled especially since we have spent a lot and he is apparently a "managerial upgrade" 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's why Rome wasn't built in a day you impatient people...

We were in the Championship a few seasons ago, lost key backroom staff, then our best player and after that our Manager.

Perspective please.

We didnt need to replace our manager for a so called significant upgrade that in reality is a rookie. Patience works both ways

• Like 2

Â