Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Only seen the 4:30 min clip Sky showed on Youtube. I'm trying to work out if someone has died???? That didn't look too comfortable for Gerrard or Puslow. Puslow looked like he'd been crying, Gerrard looked pretty nervous. I hope it ended better.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Really annoying, I hope he gets more dismissive of those questions so they stop asking him about it.

He will be asked constantly at every presser, so far he's just batting them away which is good. I'm sure he will get an amazing reception at Anfield as he should, I'm sure he will deal with that professionally and remember who now employes him

11 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Only seen the 4:30 min clip Sky showed on Youtube. I'm trying to work out if someone has died???? That didn't look too comfortable for Gerrard or Puslow. Puslow looked like he'd been crying, Gerrard looked pretty nervous. I hope it ended better.

I haven’t seen it but Rangers fans crowing that he looks like he knows he’s made a mistake and looks miserable. Was it that bad? 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I haven’t seen it but Rangers fans crowing that he looks like he knows he’s made a mistake and looks miserable. Was it that bad? 

Hilarious. It was nothing like that at all. He interviews very well in fact, and looks delighted to be here.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nick....Let me just say this.

For all my thoughts on Aston Villa.....This is the type of man in terms of his attitude, that I feel is right to take us forward....for all the things, that I felt was missing, I feel he can bridge that gap.

I could be wrong, it could blow up in my face.....but I feel so sure its right, I am prepared to put my balls on the line.....How long before we see real change? I don't know.

My gut tells me this is right and I will go with it.

I agree, this is the type of person we need at Villa. Yes, it could blow up but that would be down to SG's coaching ability, but the attitude is the right one. If / when we do have to replace SG we should be looking for the same attitude but maybe with different coaching skills

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

How long before we see real change? I don't know.

In fairness to SG he said we will move to a possession based team and that will happen over time but no dates. But he did say he will do things differently and will do things his way and he said we will see that change against Brighton

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Thought he looked and sounded nervous too but that can't be a bad thing.

It's a massive opportunity and he seems desperate to succeed. 

I hope and think he will too 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dubliner said:

Thought he looked and sounded nervous too but that can't be a bad thing.

It's a massive opportunity and he seems desperate to succeed. 

I hope and think he will too 

I just thought the mood looked quite sombre from the clip. I don't necessarily bother about pressers but it seemed a little strange thats all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

On that clip you miss the beginning of the interview where he talks about Gerrard Houllier and what he did for his career. At this point he looks like he wells up a bit (understandably) which I think just carries over in to the rest of the interview.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only way to stop it is when we play at Anfield he headbutts Klopp and gives  the finger to the Kop when we win 

If he does that and don't win anymore games for the rest of the season I will still see it as a good season even if we go down. Beating manure, Gerrard giving the Kop the finger must be seen as successfull. The headbutting isn't necessary but a little bonus. I don't mind Klopp but he is after all liverpool's manager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Yeah, Gerrard just yelled out at Purslow "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" the audience fell about laughing and it was all much lighter hearted after that.

• Haha 2

I have to say that this appointment feels better and better. I just hope that he gives some of our youth players a chance. If they're good enough, but I think we have a few gems there. JPB, Carney, Archer and that small ginger guy in the midfield can go somewhere.

As always with a new manager after a bad run it will be exciting to see which team he picks. I read here and there that a few wants Mings to be stripped of the captaincy. I think they will get disappointed.

• Like 1

Â