Weekends Football 15/17 October at

andykeenan

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Fair play to the players. Someone 100 yards away collapses,the players see it and don't shrug it off as a drunken stumble or similar; something they must see more than once in a while. 

Players focused on a corner yet still aware of what might be happening. Credit to them; perhaps they're not all selfish words removed ?

Especially as it was a Spurs player who reacted first. Players get some much abuse from opponents' fans, it'd have been very easy to just blank them, but his quick thinking has hopefully played a big part in saving a life.

• Like 2

The way Tyler has their balls in his mouth you'd think Newcastle has the only fans who are emotionally invested in their team. It's always weird commentary when there's a game at SJP. You'd think it was nothing but prawn sandwiches up and down the country.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Especially as it was a Spurs player who reacted first. Players get some much abuse from opponents' fans, it'd have been very easy to just blank them, but his quick thinking has hopefully played a big part in saving a life.

Hojbjerg has played in 2 similar incidents in 6 months 😞

I had an exchange of messages with a random Geordie fan this evening, who was telling me about his nephew with alopeacia, who has been too anxious to go to games for the last couple of years after some incidents of away fans throwing the same kind of Voldemort chants at him that Shelvey gets. 

A few untargetted messages online aren't the same significance as chanting it loudly at someone when they can hear you, but it certainly gave me pause for thought about some of the comments I made along similar lines today. I don't feel too proud of myself.

• Like 1

Â