Weekends Football 15/17 October at

andykeenan

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Jamie Redknapp is the master of taking what someone has just said and re-phrasing it, making no new valid points at all.

To be fair they've not prepped for any of this. They've all got to talk utter bollocks after the initial advice on cpr to fill time.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Jamie Redknapp is the master of taking what someone has just said and re-phrasing it, making no new valid points at all.

I swear he's there just to give wives something to enjoy whilst their husbands stick 5 hours of football on the TV 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Now there’s reports he’s been stabilised, can someone admit they had a great Saudi joke lined up?

Reddit was an absolute shitshow, but I have to admit I laughed at someone speculating it was the first beheading of the new era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've got to say I'm surprised that at an event of 50,000 people there are only defibs around for the players?

At an event for that many members of the public there's got to be a better way of helping someone with a medical emergency than hoping Eric Dier knows what to do.

• Like 3

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I've got to say I'm surprised that at an event of 50,000 people there are only defibs around for the players?

At an event for that many members of the public there's got to be a better way of helping someone with a medical emergency than hoping Eric Dier knows what to do.

I found it strange too that the game had to stop for the club doctors to assist. There will be paramedics dotted all over won’t there?

Just now, Genie said:

I found it strange too that the game had to stop for the club doctors to assist. There will be paramedics dotted all over won’t there?

That would be my assumption. I thought St. Johns Ambulance men were at every top flight game?

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm reminded of the Bradford fire, when fans ran into the stands, some were trapped, and had no fire extinguishers because fans weren't trusted not to vandalise them.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm reminded of the Bradford fire, when fans ran into the stands, some were trapped, and had no fire extinguishers because fans weren't trusted not to vandalise them.

Tragic. Although the stands being made out of wood really didn't help much.

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Tragic. Although the stands being made out of wood really didn't help much.

Yeah, there's no way they were putting the blaze out once it got going, but they never had a chance to stop it getting to that point, and it can't have helped fans trying to escape, being unable to clear their path. If I'm not mistaken, the fire escapes were locked as well, for similar reasons.

Things have moved on a long way since then, but there remains the assumption that stuff left in public will get trashed, so we don't get access to emergency equipment until there's a tragedy that justifies it

Fair play to the players. Someone 100 yards away collapses,the players see it and don't shrug it off as a drunken stumble or similar; something they must see more than once in a while. 

Players focused on a corner yet still aware of what might be happening. Credit to them; perhaps they're not all selfish words removed ?

• Like 1

Â