Ask BOF anything

tomzep

which city am I?:

The city was defended in medieval times by ** Castle, a Norman fortification built on the site of a wooden predecessor. The castle played a key role in the civil wars that followed the death of Henry I. Stephen of Blois reconnoitered ** in 1138 and claimed that the town was impregnable.After Stephen's capture, in 1141, he was imprisoned in the castle. The castle was later taken into royal hands, and Henry III spent lavishly on it, adding a barbican before the main west gate, a gate tower, and a magnificent hall.By the 16th century, the castle had fallen into disuse, but the city authorities had no control over royal property, and so the castle became a refuge for lawbreakers. In 1630, the city purchased the castle; Oliver Cromwell ordered its destruction in 1656.An area outside the castle, known as Old Market, was used as a mustering point for troops. It later became a market for the country people to set up stalls and sell their wares. Old Market was also the site of an autumn fair.The market may have existed as early as the 12th century, and was the site of the first suburb outside the city walls. It had side roads which could accommodate the traffic on market days.

The city had extensive walls built by Geoffrey de Montbray, Bishop of Coutances. These have now largely disappeared, although parts remain on properties in King Street. A gateway in the old wall can now be seen under the tower of the Church of St John the Baptist.

From a friend at a Canadian university:

It's Complicated"]

I have been in a great relationship with a great girl for the past six months. Everything is really good. I take her out to dinner and movies and then we come home and cuddle. I couldn't imagine my life being any better. But she refuses to acknowledge our relationship on Facebook. I changed my relationship status to "in a relationship" a long time ago, but her's is still blank. She says she doesn't want to advertise our relationship on Facebook. Does this mean that I'm not in a real relationship?

I answered:

In this day and age, a relationship is not official unless its official on Facebook. A marriage is not legal unless it's listed on Facebook. You don't go to a university unless you're in its Facebook network. Facebook is the new government. All official records need to be listed on Facebook or they don't exist. Hence, you're not in a real relationship. This girl you're seeing is probably just using you for free food and movies. Get rid of her immediately before she rips you off even more.

Is this a viable answer?

Failed. To succeed in failing is to fail. Didn't your maths teacher teach you that a positive by a negative is a negative? Now if you failed to fail then you succeeded. Negative by a negative is a positive :D Maths has all the answers, see :)

So anyways, what happens when we die? And who will be the best replacement for MON when he quits?

I think that's pretty much that when we die :? MON's ideal replacement is yet to be born. He'll be here a while y'see :nod:

Â