Energy Bills

Genie

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who is calculating these numbers? Something is monumentally broken.

Its gonna bankrupt the world. The only people with money will be the people pulling the oil and gas out of the ground.

You've never had someone dictating the amount of gas entering central western europe in this way, and it's being reduced all the time. There isn't a quick replacement.

I've got to be honest I have stopped taking too much notice of these projected costs now as they are that ridiculous and whilst the energy companies may up their costs to these levels governments will have to step in and either massively subsidise them by giving people money or nationalise them and run them at a loss. If the Tories won't provide the help needed then this issue alone will ensure they are forced out. 

Edited by markavfc40

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I've got to be honest I have stopped taking too much notice of these projected costs now as they are that ridiculous and whilst the energy companies may up their costs to these levels governments will have to step and either massively subsidise them by giving people money or nationalise them and run them at a loss. If the Tories won't provide the help needed then this issue alone will ensure they are forced out. 

I'm at exactly the same point, yeah I'm worried about it but I've stopped reading about it, every few days the price is going up by another £1000, no matter how much they put it up by I can't do anything about it other than bend over and take it like a good little boy.

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I've got to be honest I have stopped taking too much notice of these projected costs now as they are that ridiculous and whilst the energy companies may up their costs to these levels governments will have to step and either massively subsidise them by giving people money or nationalise them and run them at a loss. If the Tories won't provide the help needed then this issue alone will ensure they are forced out. 

This is where I’m at as well. 

Though I have little faith in this government we simply won’t get to a point where energy bills are £500/600 per month. Millions of households simply won’t be able to afford it. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The government will have to give everyone £5,000 and our kids and grandkids will have to pay it all back. 

Suits me, I haven't got kids ;) 

• Haha 3

Gonna need about £450 a month to pay for energy from April

Energy bills are expected to top £5,300 annually in April next year, a massive increase on previous predictions.

The dire news comes from energy consultancy Cornwall Insight in its final forecast before Ofgem confirms October's price cap this Friday.

Cornwall Insight's forecast for October this year has fallen very slightly from £3,583 for the average household, to £3,553.

The firm said that forecasts for this period had remained "largely steady" over recent weeks, but a 15% increase in wholesale energy prices last week has changed the outlook for next year.

The forecast is for January's cap to be £4,649.72 per year for the average household - compared to last week's forecast that it would reach £4,266 by this point.

Sky News

These are just barmy numbers now and there will be millions of households that simply won't get anywhere near to affording them.

Inflation is predicted to reach 18% in January, 21% RPI. You may as well make the energy gap 100k a year for some people as by the time they have fed themselves and their kids, paid their mortgage/rent/ctax, clothed their kids etc there won't be a penny left to spend on energy bills anyway. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

These are just barmy numbers now and there will be millions of households that simply won't get anywhere near to affording them.

Inflation is predicted to reach 18% in January, 21% RPI. You may as well make the energy gap 100k a year for some people as by the time they have fed themselves and their kids, paid their mortgage/rent/ctax, clothed their kids etc there won't be a penny left to spend on energy bills anyway. 

The terrifying thing is Liz Truss wants to cut taxes which will push inflation even higher.

This government will probably help by offering cheap loans or deferred mortgage payments.

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There is going to be riots thats i am certain of it. People wont be able to afford it.

Your also going to see burglaries on the up - already on my nextdoor app i see so many cars getting nicked on my area. Your gonna see this more common and homes robbed.

Its going ro be  a very dark place if there isnt help

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Want to adopt me. I dont eat much, dont snore and can make a mean steak 

I'll adopt you mate, at present the rent is £450 a month and going up every day at the moment it seems...you have to pay for your own food though.

I know its not ideal and it shouldnt be the case, but if it meant people were limited to only using x amount of gas/electricity a day or at certain points of the day they get a major discount then couldnt this be a option instead of people getting stupid increasses that no one can afford

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I know its not ideal and it shouldnt be the case, but if it meant people were limited to only using x amount of gas/electricity a day or at certain points of the day they get a major discount then couldnt this be a option instead of people getting stupid increasses that no one can afford

How do you determine what X is for each household?

Â