January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Nigel said:

More like its a warning to teams trying it. 

Zero point in loaning him tbh, hes a saleable asset.

He hasn't played for a very long time other than the cameo as a sub where he made a fool of himself. It will be very difficult for him to get game time with us. His contract is not up until June '23, a loan for him to prove his fitness and worth could help facilitate a sale in the summer. I really can't see anyone buying him this window.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

He hasn't played for a very long time other than the cameo as a sub where he made a fool of himself. It will be very difficult for him to get game time with us. His contract is not up until June '23, a loan for him to prove his fitness and worth could help facilitate a sale in the summer. I really can't see anyone buying him this window.

I can - he's still well-regarded in Turkey tbf. Also, no more loans out might actually just be referring to the young players rather than the seniors.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I can - he's still well-regarded in Turkey tbf. Also, no more loans out might actually just be referring to the young players rather than the seniors.

No money in Turkey for a permanent signing. 

Also, no more loans out might actually just be referring to the young players rather than the seniors.

How could no more players leaving the club on loan be just referring to the youth?

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

No money in Turkey for a permanent signing. 

How could no more players leaving the club on loan be just referring to the youth?

To the first point, it depends how they structure a deal. 

To the second, it could well do, hard to say until it's clarified. We're talking about a modern journalist here, they're not exactly known for getting things 100% right.

Just now, lexicon said:

To the first point, it depends how they structure a deal. 

To the second, it could well do, hard to say until it's clarified. We're talking about a modern journalist here, they're not exactly known for getting things 100% right.

I think it is very clear what Percy is saying, there is no room for ambiguity in his tweet. He could be wrong but the message is clear.

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Jeez! I didn't realise that the Turkish economy was so hard up that it hasn't even got the equivenlent to a Trez transfer fee in its coffers! 

Unfortunately for the Turkish football league the exchequer doesn't pay for transfers and the clubs have to.

37 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

No mights about it. The words are crystal clear. But Percy could have it wrong (hopefully)

I hope that he was referring to loaning youth players only. Given the chance we can loan out Trezeguet and allow Guilbert to continue on loan.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I''m down if he's a DM from Africa, 6'4+ that can tackle, pass, make an espresso, and help me build a fence all within 90mis 

We were linked with him a few days ago. Sunderland not keen to let him go, but I've heard he's a top young prospect and has first team games behind him. If we think he's worth that investment, then so be it. Better buy him now for £6.5m, than in 3 seasons for £50m from someone else. We could loan him back to them for the rest of the season for their promotion push and to get him first team games too. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I hope that he was referring to loaning youth players only. Given the chance we can loan out Trezeguet and allow Guilbert to continue on loan.

That was my original point. It says not more loan players leaving the club and I said there must be no interest in Trez. I doubt Guilbert would be covered by the tweet as he has already left

1 minute ago, John said:

We were linked with him a few days ago. Sunderland not keen to let him go, but I've heard he's a top young prospect and has first team games behind him. If we think he's worth that investment, then so be it. Better buy him now for £6.5m, than in 3 seasons for £50m from someone else. 

I've not heard about him, but that is big money for a 20 year old in League 1, he must be highly rated and I'd imagine he'll join up with U23s, cant imagine Carney would be too impressed with him coming straight into first team ahead of him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If it does go thru and we sign him it will be really interesting to see what he is actually like given the huge range of opinions on here

I'm sure that everyone will evaluate him on his performances here, and not from the etchings found in the wilds of an another football fan forum. We'd never do that. No sir.