January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They’re in a relegation battle. Probably better off keeping him if he’s that good.

If he is that good why are they in a relegation battle :)

I haven't really seen this guy play and I was excited when we were linked. The PR behind him is very good. But the more I read about him the more I want to steer clear. If he is that good and is only 7m then why haven't a big team snapped him up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

He also can't play CB.  Can't remember who mentioned it.

I mean, speaking in literal terms he has, but that very much doesn't mean that he ever should again.

*checks notes*

10 games covering at CB. 17 goals conceded.  I didn't recall it going particularly well.

I mentioned it. Obviously it's not ideal, especially since you are losing him in midfield. That's only marginally more than an average team concedes a game, again without having him in midfield to help cover defensively. He'd be 4th choice for CB, but he can play there. Ofc it's not ideal, but unless we want to sign 2 more players signing a guy who is primarily a CDM/CM who can also play CB if needed is smart. 

22 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I haven't really seen this guy play and I was excited when we were linked. The PR behind him is very good. But the more I read about him the more I want to steer clear. If he is that good and is only 7m then why haven't a big team snapped him up

I think he will go to Juventus.

34 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Jack Grealish played in a relegation battle 18 months ago 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Fareed Zakaria is literally a journalist who works for CNN :P

image.png.945235fcbf12ca56bb93435da466aa55.png

He looks like the fella telling his story in Life of Pi (he was the rich owner in Jurassic World who copped it in the chopper as well!). We're signing Irrfan Khan!? Watch shirt sales rocket in India!

35 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why were we with grealish? 

I'm not trying to stick up for him by the way, I can’t say I’ve seen him play, not that I recall anyway. I am just pointing out that it’s not down to 1 player not being as good as people say, it’s usually that the team are poor but doesn’t mean the player is

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jack Grealish played in a relegation battle 18 months ago 

Yeah, but I think a DM would have more influence on a team that playing poorly to a Jack style player. It is easy for a Jack to get isolated in a poor team but a worldie DM should be in the thick of things

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I'm not trying to stick up for him by the way, I can’t say I’ve seen him play, not that I recall anyway. I am just pointing out that it’s not down to 1 player not being as good as people say, it’s usually that the team are poor but doesn’t mean the player is

I agree, it is more than one player, but as per my post above, I just think a really good DM should be a big help in scrapping the extra few points needed 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We were in a relegation battle when Grealish was here. 

Have you considered that big clubs might be Interested (linked to Bayern, Juve, Man Utd and Arsenal) but is weighing up his options, as there are 2 weeks until the window closes?

Edited by Made In Aston

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think that is correct. Your allowed 4 loans but 2 from Premier League clubs. I think Tuanzebe going frees up a space

According to Premier League rules it is four loans in total for the whole season, but only two loans at any one time, so that would be a maximum of two in the first half of the season and two in the second half, or just two loan players if they were both whole season loans. Having Coutinho and Olsen on loan (at the same time) for the rest of this season would mean that we couldn't loan any more players.

57 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

you would hope our recruitment analysts will see through all these rumours.

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Have you considered that big clubs might be Interested (linked to Bayern, Juve, Man Utd and Arsenal) but is weighing up his options, as there are 2 weeks until the window closes?

As I said, I was excited when I first heard the link but the more I read about him my excitement is waning. He isn't sounding as the player I think we want at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

To be fair Man Utd and Arsenal seem to be linked to just about every midfielder in the whole of Europe at the moment regardless of age or quality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

According to Premier League rules it is four loans in total for the whole season, but only two loans at any one time, so that would be a maximum of two in the first half of the season and two in the second half, or just two loan players if they were both whole season loans. Having Coutinho and Olsen on loan (at the same time) for the rest of this season would mean that we couldn't loan any more players.

That is my understanding of it

21 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

The team isn't poor...its just poor at being hard to beat.

our offensive play at times is pucker....we have failed to score only three times in 20 league games this season, while keeping only 5 clean sheets...we kept 15 last season.

23 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, it is more than one player, but as per my post above, I just think a really good DM should be a big help in scrapping the extra few points needed 

Declan Rice was in the same relegation battle 😉

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can't see us giving wages of 80k+ a week to someone who has not proven themselves in the division. It's looking like the PL is a big step up for a lot of these Bundesliga players so we have to be careful with that. 

Unfortunately, you pay a premium for players like Bissouma who you know are going to hit the ground running. 

Yeah the bundesliga has been hit and miss with imports lately. Sancho, Werner, Joelinton, Havertz. They probably will all come good eventually but it does make you question the level over there.

3 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Yeah the bundesliga has been hit and miss with imports lately. Sancho, Werner, Joelinton, Havertz. They probably will all come good eventually but it does make you question the level over there.

I think The Premier League has more decent sides....The other leagues, just have a few Elite teams.

There are no really easy games in the Prem, so it becomes arduous....you need players, who can deal with arduous work....to get consistency.

Teams in Europe seem to have less difficult games, than in England...thats how it seems to me anyway.

• Like 2